Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Fermata/Caesura Help!

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Fermata/Caesura Help!

Postby justinscott04 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:56 pm

Hello I'm a recovering finale user and absolutely love notion. I was reading in the user guide that you can dictate how long you want a fermata or caesura to be. So I put a fermata into a score I'm working on and I click on the fermata and input 4 quarter rests, but when I click the play back button it just ignores it completely and plays it as if I had left it at zero. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, please help!

Thanks!
justinscott04

Re: Fermata/Caesura Help!

Postby tubatimberinger » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:40 pm

I have encountered this frequently as well and was assured that this was something that had never been a problem in the past. I just figured it was user error, although it still happens. I haven't had time to put together a file for tech support. Good to know I'm not insane. Thing is it is intermittent. Sometimes it plays correctly, sometimes it does not. If you render audio of the file does the audio file reflect the same problem? It does for me. But then a few days later, I will work on the same file and it will play correctly. Weird.

-tim
tubatimberinger

Return to NOTION