Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Help me buy!

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Help me buy!

Postby Aph » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:22 pm

Have you ever used Google Maps? You can left-click (and hold) or middle-click (and hold) and then drag the map around inside the window.
Aph

Postby elerouxx » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:55 pm

Admin wrote:
elerouxx wrote:I'm just trying to find a reasonable theory for the lack of drag-pan in Windows for so long.

Dear elerouxx,

What do you mean by drag-pan?

-Admin

I would expect that pressing the mouse middle button -or at least some other mouse button and modifier key combination- would allow me to click on the score and drag it around, as to navigate.

I've been told that Mac users can already do this. IN the PC, the only way is to click and drag the scrolling bars, or roll the mouse wheel for vertical scrolling, or with SHIFT for horizontal.

As awkward as it is, I ended up getting used to this shift + mouse wheel combination for horizontal scrolling in the desktop computer. The problem is that most of the time I use a tabletPC notebook with a digitizer. It works fantastic with Notion! I can click and add notes directly on the screen and so! Except that I can't just click on the pen middle button and drag - I have to drag the scroll bars.

Scroll bars are outdated. (Do you remember the last time you dragged a scroll bar?)

I've been told that mac users have this since long time ago. I can't tell for sure.

I think that, now that windows 8 tablets are coming, it's worth thinking about these little things. I'm pretty sure -by experience- that a Windows tablet with a full installation of Notion is a very powerful and appealing thing.
elerouxx

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:31 pm

In regards to the method of scrolling around in your score, here are some other helpful tips.

1. There is a universal score bar located at the top of the notion score. It is a small gray bar that contains divisions for all of the measures in your score. You can click on this bar to navigate to unseen sections of your score.

2. Also, when you use Zoom (CTRL +/- or Command +/-), wherever your mouse pointer is located on the screen is where the Zoom will occur. So, you can zoom out, hold the mouse pointer over the top of the location that you would like to be in the score and then zoom back in.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby elerouxx » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:32 pm

Thanks Admin! The bar is very useful.
elerouxx

Previous

Return to NOTION