Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

EQ plug-in

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: EQ plug-in

Postby geebo2b » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:27 am

Again..thank you..

I know I had the DP buffer set too high. I was under the impression that the higher the buffer the 'smoother; it would run. well, that sprung from ignorance as to how buffers work. So I will reset it back to 512 with a multiplier of 2 which I think was a default setting.

It makes sense to re set rec and input in Dp and and reset out to master in Notion..I have had the misfortune of having those enabled on another pass and recording unwanted cahnnels because they were sending out during the recording process.

I haven't tried the 'resetting' of Notion occasionally,, that's becasue it takes so long to load with my orchestral score. I think though if I set up some templates that are clones with a few instruments on each so the recording will be synced irrespective of which template I am using..I may get a more efficient use of my CPU and memory.

You said : Instead, you can record a smaller set of Notion 3 tracks in Digital Performer and when that set of tracks is recorded, you then can record another set of Notion 3 tracks . . .

ANswer: Well for me, I was reduced down to just 2 instruments...flute 1 and flute 2 , but with that weird 'glitch in the midi performance of one little section, it messed up any subsequent recording becasue it caused some weird 'timing' glitch in the synchronization. So there seems to be some 'corruption' in that version. Perhaps, if I set up the new templates and re-input the flute part , that problem will resolve. ( I hope so)

Thank you for the info on 'Soundbites' I will defintely work in that editor screen from now on to make sure it is non-destructive editing!!

Well, it is 1:30 AM here, so I am going to bed and later, I will start with the task of creating my own Notion Templates and then re-inputting- the score in smaller chunks of templates and see If I can't work around the 'CPU' choking issue.
geebo2b

Previous

Return to NOTION