Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Specific tunings

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Specific tunings

Postby Haze » Sun May 29, 2011 6:10 pm

Hey, first post and all that! 8-)

Anyways, I just got notion 3 and I love it, but I'm missing a feature that is in Finale that I used all the time: pitchwheel. I cannot for the life of me get notion to play at 415hz or 432. I've found the global tuning slider, but i can't get it at 432 and it doesn't even reach 415. Is there any way to do this?
Haze

Re: Specific tunings

Postby Brian » Tue May 31, 2011 10:59 am

It looks like you found the only tuning option in NOTION3. Using the Global Tuning option is the only way to change the tuning of the program.
Brian
NOTION Music Tech Support
866-398-2994
Brian

Postby erique328 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:34 am

i don't think they work together
i am newbie
erique328

Postby erique328 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:35 am

find another kind of tuning
i am newbie
erique328

Postby dgriffee » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:35 am

have you tried "Scala"? (If you already know about it, please disregard following)
... it's a free program that provides support for all kinds of alternate tunings, and it can do so via several different approaches depending upon what other software hooks are (or are not) available. It can even accomplish this magic trick down at the midi data stream level, to allow any conceivable alternative tuning in the case of programs (like notion) that expose no hooks at all for external tuning (as is the case with many other COTS music products). I think Scala could solve your problem/desirement for this functionality in working with notion. I used Scala to retune a pair of competing piano vsti products from two different companies so that I can combine them in notion into one superpiano on one staff, using my own verrry sliiightly streeeatched tuning and tweeked both piano instruments to mix perfectly together with no beat-frequency differences at all on any note. Scala is quite powerful, and there is an active community around it many of whom would be very familiar with the cool natural physics phenomena of 415 based tuning.
-DG
dgriffee

Return to NOTION