Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

How do I set up rewire in Notion?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

How do I set up rewire in Notion?

Postby sepheritoh » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:12 pm

I am having no success in setting up rewire in Notion. The instructions in chapter 9.14 / 9.15 does not give me any joy.

I own the vocaloid 1 and 2 vocal synthesis plug ins. After enabling rewire in the options screen I am able to add a channel in the mixer screen as indicated, but that is how far I get. I do not seem to be able to open the vocaloid application from Notion. When I open my vocaloid from the windows menu and enable rewire in vocaloid, it does not seem to have the desired effect either.

Some help would be appreciated.

Regards
sepheritoh

Re: How do I set up rewire in Notion?

Postby astinov » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:38 pm

Hi sepheritoh,

I am not familiar with vocaloid 2 but I hope I can offer some help.
First off, if it runs as a VST plugin I would first try that and see if this works.

If not, try running Vocaloid as a slave to NOTION. Here's how to do that:

1. Start NOTION and make sure ReWire is enabled
2. Open up NOTION Mixer and add a ReWire aux channel for Vocaloid
3. Start Vocaloid
4. Make sure both NOTION and Vocaloid have some notes in their respective projects
5. Hit play and see whether both apps have their cursors going

Like I said, I'm not familiar with Vocaloid 2 but I would try ReWiring that to any other ReWire host like Cubase or Logic and see if you can have it work there.I suspect you may also try using Vocaloid as host and NOTION as slave, but that is only possible if they support this option. To do that you simply launch Vocaloid first and then launch NOTION. You would need to set up the ReWire ins/outs in Vocaloid in that case.

Also check Vocaloid ReWire settings and make sure everything is setup correctly. Hope that helps.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Re: How do I set up rewire in Notion?

Postby sepheritoh » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:21 pm

Thanks Lubo

When I set up Notion as a slave from Sonar it works fine. Sonar only works as host, so I can not test it the other way round.

I can even get it to work with Sonar as host to both Notion and Vocaloid (which is pretty cool with 3 aps running in sync).

But with Notion as host it do not work. It is fine up to point 4, but when I hit play vocaloid does nothing.
sepheritoh

Return to NOTION