Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

vst manager problems?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

vst manager problems?

Postby ulrik » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:02 pm

I am having some problems with the vstmanager, when I updated my Waves plugins from v.7 to v.8 the manager still say v.7 is there and enables, I can see the v.8 but I am not able to enable it. Is there some preference file that store the vstmanager settings that I can delete and start fresh to import my vst plugins?

Regards Ulrik
ulrik

Re: vst manager problems?

Postby Brian » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:48 am

Are you on Mac or Windows? Is the VST that you are trying to use a 64 bit VST?
Brian
NOTION Music Tech Support
866-398-2994
Brian

Postby ulrik » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Brian wrote:Are you on Mac or Windows? Is the VST that you are trying to use a 64 bit VST?

Hi Brian, I'm on mac, macbook pro, 2.33 ghz intel core 2 duo, osx 10.6.7
I believe the plugins support both 32 and 64 bit.
The strange thing is that Notion vst manager still show the v.7 waveshell (enabled) even though it's uninstalled, and if I try to load a v.7 plugin it's not available (it doesn't show up when I choose in the mixer, the plugin is not available there, only in the manager)
Is there a way to delete the plugin preferences?
ulrik

Postby ulrik » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:09 am

Hi Brian, I managed to fix this issue, I found the invisible "plugin cache" file and deleted it and now the v.7 erased from the manager and I am enable to load the v.8 plugins :D
ulrik

Postby BetaHal » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:06 pm

ulrik wrote:Hi Brian, I managed to fix this issue, I found the invisible "plugin cache" file and deleted it and now the v.7 erased from the manager and I am enable to load the v.8 plugins :D

Hi, Ulrik. I was having a very similar problem with vst plugins on my OSX machine, so I'm wondering:

Where is that invisible "plugin cache" file of yours? :?:
BetaHal

Postby ulrik » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:44 pm

BetaHal wrote:
ulrik wrote:Hi Brian, I managed to fix this issue, I found the invisible "plugin cache" file and deleted it and now the v.7 erased from the manager and I am enable to load the v.8 plugins :D

Hi, Ulrik. I was having a very similar problem with vst plugins on my OSX machine, so I'm wondering:

Where is that invisible "plugin cache" file of yours? :?:

I found it here: your name/Library/Application Support/NOTION Music/Notion 3/PlugInsAvailable.cache
I just deleted that file and started Notion and my issue was gone

It is not invisible, I was wrong because when I looked for it I used an app that can see invisible files :D
ulrik

Postby BetaHal » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:49 am

ulrik wrote:I found it here: your name/Library/Application Support/NOTION Music/Notion 3/PlugInsAvailable.cache
I just deleted that file and started Notion and my issue was gone

It is not invisible, I was wrong because when I looked for it I used an app that can see invisible files :D

Thanks a lot, Ulrik! Your trick is a very clever and useful finding, even more so since there's not a single mention of this file anywhere in the manual... :D
BetaHal

Postby ulrik » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:56 am

I'm glad it worked for you. :)
ulrik

Return to NOTION