Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion3 Demo/Notion3 Musical Fonts

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion3 Demo/Notion3 Musical Fonts

Postby jkaGOGO » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:40 pm

Greetings:
I'm new to this forum but had the Demo version during it's 14day trial period.
Looking forward to arrival of my Notion3 Order.
Had only one issue with the Demo if anyone can be of assistance:
I'm using Windows XP Home, SP3.
I don't know how it happened but the Musical fonts went south on me.
That is:
a. The note and clef symbols turned in to (?)marks and Note heads lost there note value and flag color
depending, Qtr.Half,8th,16th...........................
I was told it was a problem with my PC rather than Notion3.
That my "Font Cache" and or "The Jazz Font" internal to Notion were the problem.
Fond wise everything else on the PC is working correctly.
In advance:
Thanks
jkaGOGO
jkaGOGO

Re: Notion3 Demo/Notion3 Musical Fonts

Postby Brian » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:45 am

This is Brian from NOTION Music. I have seen this problem occur on a Mac but not on Windows XP. I would start by uninstalling the NOTION3 Demo from Add/Remove programs and reinstalling the program from the DVD once it arrives. Make sure that you update to the latest version once you get your copy in the mail. Please let me know if you are still having a problem after doing this. Also, let me know if it is just the jazz font that is doing this to you.
Brian
NOTION Music Tech Support
866-398-2994
Brian

Postby maio996 » Wed May 11, 2011 4:32 am

Hallo,
it is Maurizio from Rome brand new Notion3 mac user. I have the same problem on my mac (on my windows 7 pc it works fine..).
The strange thing is that when I used the trail it worked fine and also soon after I upgraded. After a while I cannot anymore read any jazz font and even create any...
I uninstalled and installed again from the dvd, updated it and updated also all the instruments, but still the same problem...
Is it a known bug? Why is it so unstable (it worked and now does not work anymore..)? Any solution for using the jazz font?
Thanks
Maurizio
maio996

Postby Brian » Wed May 11, 2011 9:49 am

Hi Maurizio,

I sent you a response to your question in Tech Support. In case you read this first, here is what you need to do.

Go to Mac HD\Applications and open your Font Book. Disable any jass fonts/families and your problem should be resolved. Please let me know if you are still having a problem.
Brian
NOTION Music Tech Support
866-398-2994
Brian

Postby arnel81 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:10 am

I was havin' the same problem some time before. Was the solution went well?
I'll try it, too.
arnel81

Return to NOTION