Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 3 instalation disc 2

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion 3 instalation disc 2

Postby sepheritoh » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:29 pm

Let me start off by saying I got Notion 3 today as part of the Sonar bundle and so far I am impressed. Great software!

Now, just a quick question. The 2nd DVD that came with Notion 3 contains the N2 sound set. Do I need to install this? Is there anything there that I would miss? I don;t mind for the size as such (yet) as I have lots of disc space available at this stage (it is a fairly new computer) but I know after 2 years the extra 10Gb may become wanted. Point is - why do we get the extra disc? Notion seems to work without hassles without installing it.
sepheritoh

Re: Notion 3 instalation disc 2

Postby Admin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:02 pm

The N2 sounds are our legacy sounds. We included them as an added bonus. The NOTION 3 sounds are high fidelity, in stereo, and overall the better sample. So you don't have to install them, they are just a bonus.

Glad you like product. Keep us updated.

Mark Urmos
NOTION Music Inc.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby sepheritoh » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:42 am

Thank you Mark
sepheritoh

Postby Revson » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:04 pm

sepheritoh wrote:Let me start off by saying I got Notion 3 today as part of the Sonar bundle and so far I am impressed. Great software!

Now, just a quick question. The 2nd DVD that came with Notion 3 contains the N2 sound set. Do I need to install this? Is there anything there that I would miss? I don;t mind for the size as such (yet) as I have lots of disc space available at this stage (it is a fairly new computer) but I know after 2 years the extra 10Gb may become wanted. Point is - why do we get the extra disc? Notion seems to work without hassles without installing it.

I wouldn't pass up installing the N2 sounds. Some of them are fantastic - in particular strings and percussion - and in any case are one more flavor for your mixes. Use one N3 and one N2 violin section to get different sounds for Violins I and II, as an example.
Revson

Postby Aph » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:39 pm

How about those of us who have Notion 2 already on our computer? Can't we just point N3 to the N2 sounds already there instead of installing them from disc 2?
Any way to do this?
Thanks.
Aph

Postby astinov » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:50 pm

Hi Aph,

No those would not work with NOTION3 because we moved away from the iLock model (for which we had many requests). The previous sounds were iLock (Pace) protected, where NOTION3 doesnt use iLock. You would need to install the disc2 sounds if you want to use them in N3.

Thanks

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Return to NOTION