Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

2 Questions about VSTis

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

2 Questions about VSTis

Postby rlo9 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:58 pm

I am just beginning to work with adding VSTi's to Notion. I am trying to setup a Kontakt multi for each section of an orchestra and finally figured out to route different outputs of Kontakt to Notion. The problem I am having is that all the instruments in Kontakt are stereo and will not pan in Notion's mixer. It has no effect at all. I can pan in Kontakt, but that would really be a pain. Hopefully, someone can tell me what I am doing wrong either in Kontakt or Notion. By the way, I tried several other VSTi's and even though they were stereo, some would pan and some wouldn't. Go figure.

The other question I have is regarding using jBridge to access 64 bit VSTi's. I have seen several posts saying that it works in Notion, but I can't figure out how to access jBridge to tie it into Notion or the VSTi. Can anyone here help with either issue ?

Thanks
Ron
rlo9

Re: 2 Questions about VSTis

Postby rlo9 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:15 pm

Update on my problems. I figured out how to use jBridge to load a 64 bit VSTi. I had forgotten about the Jbridger part of the program since I had just been using it with Sonar and you don't have to use it with Sonar. So that's fixed.

As to not being able to pan Kontakt insts, I have found that it is only when I use multi outs in Kontakt that it doesn't work. If I load just one instrument into Kontakt, it works, but when I try to load more than one and assign them to different output pairs in Kontakt, it stops being panable (Don't think that's a word, but you know what I mean). What I have now is Cellos in the first slot of Kontakt and Basses in the second. I setup two stereo channels and set their outputs as st 1/2 and st 3/4 . In Notion's Mixer, I added two VSTi channels for Kontakt channels 1/2 and 3/4. Then I added empty staffs for each instrument and assigned the midi channel that is assigned in Kontakt to each staff. Place a few notes on each staff and they play back without a hitch, except that no matter how far I pan to the sides, they continue to play equally from both left and right channels. Does anyone here know what step I am missing or if this is a problem with Notion ? I have watched Lubo's tutorial on VSTi multichannel, several times, and it works like his, except for this panning problem.

Ron
rlo9

Return to NOTION