Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Three good things about Notion 3 (and one bad!)

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Three good things about Notion 3 (and one bad!)

Postby Lurker » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:28 am

Three great things about Notion 3 (There will be more, but I've only just installed it):
1. The new interface is great, while the program retains all the playback and other features of Notion 2

2. Amongst the demo scores is one by Dr Jarrett. I don't know much of his music, but I was pleased to see this piece and very much enjoyed it. I can hear why Notion playback is as good as it is.

3. There's a Contrabassoon!! (and lots of other additional instruments) I've played back a piece of mine so often with Double Bass playing the Contrabassoon part I almost didn't recognise it when the Contrabassoon came in. A flood of nostalgia — it now sounds as I originally imagined it.

(4: I know I said only three but the Authorisation system is such an improvement. Clear, easy and quick.)

The bad thing (so far only one, but hey . . .) In Notion 2 my MusicXML imports put an accidental on the first note of a bar when there was note with an accidental tied over from the previous bar. In Notion 3 it doesn't (correctly) but if that note is repeated later in the bar, the accidental is no longer applied. Catastrophe (and caterwauling). This happens when I load a score previous imported into Notion 2 — I haven't tried directly reading the score in Notion 3 yet, and in any case I don't want to lose all my edits. Is there perhaps some clever way of avoiding this problem?
Lurker

Return to NOTION