Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 2 sounds in Notion 3

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion 2 sounds in Notion 3

Postby Zblogny » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:28 am

Hello,

Wen I installed Notion 3 I didn't set up Notion 2 sounds.
Now I would like to add those instruments, so I've copied them from DVD to my Notion 3 samples folder.
Notion 2 Instruments does not appear in the score setup palette.
How can I enable those Notion 2 instruments ?
Thanks for your help
Zblogny

Re: Notion 2 sounds in Notion 3

Postby Admin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:56 am

Zblogny wrote:Hello,

Wen I installed Notion 3 I didn't set up Notion 2 sounds.
Now I would like to add those instruments, so I've copied them from DVD to my Notion 3 samples folder.
Notion 2 Instruments does not appear in the score setup palette.
How can I enable those Notion 2 instruments ?
Thanks for your help

You may need to go to the preferences panel and locate your samples folder again for the program to recognize the samples.

It's under Preferences>Audio

choose the folder for your samples and you should be set.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Zblogny » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:05 pm

Of course, I should have thought of that "again" !
So, it works :)
Thanks a lot !
Zblogny

Postby achambily » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:24 am

how do you do this ?
you mix all the samples in the same folder ?
Notion, Cubase 7, EWQLSO Gold, VSL SE
Win7 x64, I7 Dell studio laptop, 8GB RAM
M-Audio FTP
M-Audio KeyStudio 25
Clavinova CLP 811
Sennheiser e840
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Yamaha HS50M

http://chambily.com/
http://soundcloud.com/axel-casadesus/sets
achambily

Postby Zblogny » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:01 am

Yes.
If I'm not mistaken, Notion3 looks for instruments in only one folder at a time (unlike Reaper... ;) )
So you must put all your eggs in one basket.
Zblogny

Re: Notion 2 sounds in Notion 3: no luck on Mac

Postby David Smith » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:59 am

I have tried more than once to get this to work. At least on the Mac, I cannot get N2 sounds to be active in N3. When choosing a new instrument on a part, the library shows with instrument names in it. (Anyone know what path to change or sample files to move, etc. to incl N2 without impeding N3 libs .prox ?) Would just like to have the add'l library to use.
David Smith

Postby ulrik » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:36 am

I have my N2 files installed here; Library/Application Support/NOTION Music/NOTION 3/Sounds/N2
I'm on osx 10.6.6
ulrik

Re: Notion 2 sounds in Notion 3: no luck on Mac

Postby Surfwhammy » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:52 am

David Smith wrote:I have tried more than once to get this to work. At least on the Mac, I cannot get N2 sounds to be active in N3. When choosing a new instrument on a part, the library shows with instrument names in it. (Anyone know what path to change or sample files to move, etc. to incl N2 without impeding N3 libs .prox ?) Would just like to have the add'l library to use.

The N2 and N3 versions of the London Symphony Orchestra (LSO) VSTi instruments are in the same place on my Mac, with the same path that ulrik listed, and I am running OS X 10.6.6 on a 2.8-GHz 8-core Mac Pro with 8GB of memory (8x1G) . . .

The N3 samples are in the "Bundled" folder, and the N2 samples are in the "N2" folder . . .

I think that the N3 samples include some other instruments, as well . . .

The path for the Notion 3 sound libraries are specified in the Audio tab of Preferences . . .

[IMPORTANT: I did some experiments with the Audio Buffer Size, and it needs to be left at the default value of 256 Samples if you are controlling Notion 3 with Digital Performer 7 via ReWire, because higher values cause latency and timing problems . . . ]

[IMPORTANT: The path for the VSTi sound libraries for IK Multimedia products like Miroslav Philharmonik, Sample Tank 2.5, and so forth are set via the user interface for those products rather than via the Audio tab of Notion 3 Preferences, where if you look above the pop-up dialog box in the following screen capture you will see the word "PREFS", which is what you click to show the pop-up dialog box. All the IK Multimedia VSTi products have this same interface, and it works but is quite annoying to use. However, the VSTi instruments are stellar, which is the important thing . . . ]

I think the user interface designers at IK Multimedia must either have huge displays or perfect vision, because it is virtually impossible to see much of anything, since everything is tiny and there is no way to zoom it, but I deal with it, and this appears to be the same way user interface design is done by the Propellerhead Software folks in Reason 5, which also has mostly tiny stuff . . .

I suppose that neither company (IK Multimedia or Propellerhead Software) thought that folks such as myself who watched "The Howdy Doody Show" before going to elementary school in the morning would be using their products at the dawn of the early-21st century to compose silly DISCO songs about ladies underpants, really . . .

Really!
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Re: Notion 2 sounds in Notion 3; yes!

Postby David Smith » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:13 am

I was finally successful in this, and now can select from N3, N2 and other libraries.
David Smith

Return to NOTION