Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 3 demo

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion 3 demo

Postby sjpattinson » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:48 am

If apologise if this has already been asked... I can't find the answer anywhere! I'm sure I can't be the only person excited about the latest release, but is holding off for the demo.

Does anyone have any idea when the demo is to be released?
sjpattinson

Re: Notion 3 demo

Postby fandango » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:01 am

I was refreshing the page constantly on the 24th. :lol:

Now I've set up a webchange notification thingy to let me know when the page changes. :P

I had been told the 24th was demo day, but usually there are some last minute issues getting it ready for the public (and making sure it's not a full or easily 'ammendable' version being upload), plus stripping out bits of content not needed for the demo. I'd give them a few days actually.
fandango

Postby sjpattinson » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:07 am

I know how you feel. I'm literally sitting here waiting with my credit card, but want to play with the thing first before I commit. Agony :-D
sjpattinson

Postby fandango » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:13 am

Hehe, yep. Even though I set up the web tracker, I still refresh manually now and again just in case. :mrgreen:
fandango

Postby KylePoehling » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:58 pm

Sorry guys....I KNOW it's frustrating waiting on the demo, but since it's a downloaded demo we're having to spend an extra bit of time "crossing t's and dotting i's" so it's not ready at the moment, but we'll have it for download soon.
Kyle Poehling
Marketing/Communications Manager-Notion Music
http://www.hotpoliticsband.com
http://www.modernrobot.net
KylePoehling

Postby Unfinished » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:03 am

Any chance the demo could be done so that if you don't use it at all on any given day, that day won't be counted in the timer of how long you have left on it? It's really frustrating if you can't make good enough use of however long the trial is. The other thing that's annoying is when people say something will happen soon and you never know how soon you can expect. Soon as in days or weeks?
Unfinished

Postby JorgV » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:57 am

I like demos where you can't save, with unlimited time. But I guess they already made their mind up about this.

And indeed... how soon is soon? ;)
JorgV

Postby Admin » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:41 pm

I understand that the term "soon" can be very frustrating....I'm really sorry that I can't give you an exact date, and please understand we're not trying to mislead anyone. As I said earlier there are some extra hoops we have to jump through to make it "downloadable" and we want to ensure that everyone has the best experience possible with his/her demo so we're effectively "crossing our t's and dotting our i's" at this point.

I will most certainly let everyone know as soon as I'm given the word.

Thanks so much for your patience. I know it's frustrating having to wait on using the product. I can say that you're going to really love it though....I'm amazed every day as I discover how this program can improve the way I write music.

I'll have some videos posted of N3 working with ReWire this week...plan on covering Logic, ProTools, Sonar, and Cakewalk...stop by the blogs and check it out!

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby frivo » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:03 pm

Sonar and cakewalk? Isn't Cakewalk the developer of Sonar?
I hope you meant Cubase, because this is the program I use.

I look forward to try your program.
frivo

Postby Unfinished » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:27 pm

JorgV wrote:I like demos where you can't save, with unlimited time. But I guess they already made their mind up about this.

And indeed... how soon is soon? ;)

I think being unable to save work would be incredibly frustrating with a composing program. You'd never finish anything!
I thought Notion had it just right with a nice long 30-day trial where you can access all of the program, the only thing annoying (as I said) was that the timer would continue to count down when you didn't use it. For this reason I had to be quite careful of when I installed it in order to get the most out of it. That's why I think not counting full days of no use in the timer would be best, as you wouldn't have to worry about the trial running out too quickly or delay your installation of it so you don't lose time when yo0u go on holiday.
Unfinished

Next

Return to NOTION