Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Getting Miroslav Philharmonik to work with Notion 3

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Getting Miroslav Philharmonik to work with Notion 3

Postby MHillegassjr » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:42 pm

Hey Everyone!

I have a problem and need help! I just the full version of Miroslav Philharmonik and am trying to get it to work with Notion 3 . When I go to create a score using the Miroslav instruments, I get no sound on the playback. However, when I use instruments from Notion 3, I can get sound. How do I get sound from the Miroslav instruments? I went to IK Multimedia's website and they said in Notion 3, go to preferences-- and put the Miroslav instruments folder in the Miroslav preferences folder and then select the Miroslav instruments folder inside the preferences folder, which I did. Also, I updated Miroslav and set it to run the program as the administrator. I am using an Inspiron N1510 computer which is brand new and am using Windows 7. I am using only Notion 3 and Miroslav in my computer. I am not using any other host programs. Finally, I am new to all of this since I have only dealt with Notion 3 alone. Do these programs have to be opened and running together or can I just use Notion 3 only and use the sounds from Miroslav? How do I get sound from Miroslav in Notion 3 and how does all of this work together?

Thanks!

Mark
MHillegassjr

Re: Getting Miroslav Philharmonik to work with Notion 3

Postby tombax » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:41 am

Hope somebody answers. I'm thinking about picking up Miroslav in a 5-for-1 sale at Guitar Center.

Anyone venture to say how it compares with GTO, particularly in how it synchs with Notion3? The ability to do a lot of things without descending into computer code remains, for me, one of Notion's big attractions.
tombax

Postby MHillegassjr » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:28 am

Tombax- believe it or not, I got the sound to work simply by restarting my computer. When I installed it, I never restarted my computer, but ever since I restarted it, it's been working. However, I noticed a few sounds do not work though. Now, I am having trouble installing a Percussion Expansion soundkit.
MHillegassjr

Postby duka » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:19 am

tombax
i think miroslav ph. is very good, and far more better then GPO. also, its very good integrated with notion (altough i had problems at first, but like MHillegassjr said, the problems just disappeard one day without doing anything lol). and, i dont like how notion set up miroslav instruments, so i have created my custom playback (which is very easy to do) and now all works well and according to my needs.
duka

Return to NOTION