Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

"Memory is getting low!". EWQL's request drives me crazy!

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

"Memory is getting low!". EWQL's request drives me crazy!

Postby piotr979 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:00 pm

Hi guys,
I use EWQL libraries in Notion 3. I know that Notion is 32bit, so it's limited to approx 4GB, but that EWQL's request just drives me crazy when Notion is loading instruments : "Memory is getting low! Please note that continued loading might destabilize your system." I have to click sometimes 10 times on that stupid window, before my song is loaded.

I understand this message, but how get it rid???? is any option or config file in EWQL where I can turn it off????
I know that this question is not Notion's strictly related, but maybe someone knows answer to this question???

I have PC core 2 duo, 2.66ghz, 6 gb ram,windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks,
piotr
piotr979

Re: "Memory is getting low!". EWQL's request drives me crazy

Postby Bobb77 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:04 pm

hello,
i have nearly the same config, i am rid of the message too. it was relevant on my old system with 4 gb ram (the system really went down...), so i bought my new system.
as working nearly daily with notion 3 and ewql (and miroslav and garritan) i guess i had to click "ok" for about 2.000 times this year...
please help us!
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjo7N4mRrEc

Notion 4, EWQL CCC, Miroslav Philharmonik
Bobb77

Postby pcartwright » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:25 pm

What are the specs of your current computer?
pcartwright

Postby Brian » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:34 am

Are you guys using JBridge?
Brian
NOTION Music Tech Support
866-398-2994
Brian

Postby Bobb77 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:29 pm

no JBridge

Intel Core (TM) i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93 GHz RAM: 6,00 GB, WIn 7 64 bit

On the Desktop there is the "CPU-Meter", as he reaches abeout 50%, the message appears...
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjo7N4mRrEc

Notion 4, EWQL CCC, Miroslav Philharmonik
Bobb77

Postby pcartwright » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:54 pm

The problem is that Notion, as a 32 bit app, is only using about 4 GB (or less) of your total RAM. JBridge is a great utility for opening additional memory on 64 bit machines within Notion; I highly recommend it if you are going to use EWQL or other products that use a lot of RAM.
pcartwright

Postby dgriffee » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:01 pm

suggest either jbridge as others have mentioned, else spring some $ for ViennaEnsemblePro.

I went with the latter (VEPro) and have been very happy that I did. It lets you make "persistent" configurations of any instruments or groups of instruments, and then stick shortcuts in the windows "startup" folder to any of those that you might always want loaded so that when you boot the machine it automatically loads all your favorite instruments and _keeps_ them loaded. With this setup I can rapicly open and close any number of different notion files as I am working on various ideas and never have to wait for anything to load at all! It just opens the score and connects and it's ready to go. I have run some lowlevel profiling tests (programers' debugger type tools) and seen that VEPro is very efficient in handling memory, and of course it totally eliminates the whole 32bit vs 64bit barrier.
dgriffee

Return to NOTION