Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

multi voice and techniques

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

multi voice and techniques

Postby Merylair » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:58 pm

Hello all, I'm very new at all of this, so please excuse me if I ask something obvious.

Is it possible to apply a "technique" to only one voice of a multi-voice section with Notion, or do I have to make a new staff line for that?

I'm trying to enter measures for bass where one part is whole notes played with the bow, and one part is quarter notes with the "pizz" technique. If I try to put "pizz" in, it applies it to both voices, not just the current voice I'm editing.
Merylair

Re: multi voice and techniques

Postby ulrik » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:40 am

Merylair wrote:Hello all, I'm very new at all of this, so please excuse me if I ask something obvious.

Is it possible to apply a "technique" to only one voice of a multi-voice section with Notion, or do I have to make a new staff line for that?

I'm trying to enter measures for bass where one part is whole notes played with the bow, and one part is quarter notes with the "pizz" technique. If I try to put "pizz" in, it applies it to both voices, not just the current voice I'm editing.

If you write with different voices (you can have 4 independent voices/staff), for instance, arco notes - voice 1 and pizz notes - voice 2.
ulrik

Return to NOTION