Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion playback vs Finale Human Playback (HP)

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Notion playback vs Finale Human Playback (HP)

Postby Admin » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:17 am

frivo wrote:Pardon my english. I am norwegian :)

Midi device was a bit confusing, I think. I meant synths as Roland JV1010 for example. They have not samples for different techiques. By the way, this is not a problem for me anymore, I had sold mine.

But I also meant another libraries that maybe not have this techinques sampled, or maybe N3 don't have the presets for it yet. Myself I have Xsample Chamber Ensemble, Garritan Gofriller, Garritan Strad, Garritan JABB, Kontakt 3 (and some small others). I think a lot of them has some techiques sampled, but maybe not all. (What about trills? are they sampled?).

Therefor I my idea is that Notion3 could substitute these techniques. Then we could use them while we are waiting for a preset, or for libraries that don't have these techiques sampled. That will makes the playback better than only the "plane" notes.

I had not tried N3 yet. I will order it soon. Maybe this is not a problem at all. For me Notion looks very promising, and I hope it is as good in playback as HP in Finale (or even better).

Cool....As of now we're sticking to the presets we've got. We'll be working on more in the coming months...

As far as HP in Finale vs. N3....there's no question in my mind who's better ;)
Admin
Site Admin

Postby frivo » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:36 am

Very good!
And I am looking forward to try it out! :D
My order will be sent as soon as I get money.
frivo

Postby frivo » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:42 pm

Yes! I've got the money!
The order is placed!
Now I hope I get it soon :D
frivo

Previous

Return to NOTION