Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

NOTION 3 "wish list"

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: NOTION 3 "wish list"

Postby frhornplayer » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:15 pm

No argument here!! NTempo is a fantastic feature and should really be explained more in depth. Perhaps a sample that shows a small ensemble playing a piece without, then repeat with Notion and NTempo enhancement. If prospective users could see how nuanced of a performance you can get with NTempo... It may really be a reason to use Notion above it's competitors!!!

Just a thought!!!
frhornplayer

Postby dcoscina » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:55 pm

I wish the brass instruments would be a bit brassier. They have a very limited, compressed type sound although still miles better than what comes with Finale 2009. BLECH.
dcoscina

Postby composer » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:14 am

I can't get Ntempo to work. Perhaps it is me, but I find this one of the worst features in Notion. I've abandoned using it entirely.
composer

Postby dcoscina » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:59 pm

I would love it if those wonderful folks at NOTION could achieve the same level of sonic beauty as VSL. Some of the short samples are fantastic as is (the stacatissimo are excellent) but the legato and sustained instruments could use a little more depth. I know this is not the primary purpose of NOTION and I will submit that it's far and away better than the default sounds OTHER notation libraries come with (by a long shot) but I do foresee a day when NOTION is the only program I will ever need to produce ultra realistic demos and finished products. As is, for film scoring, I do need to rely on EWQLSO or else VSL. For now.
dcoscina

Postby Admin » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:06 pm

composer wrote:I can't get Ntempo to work. Perhaps it is me, but I find this one of the worst features in Notion. I've abandoned using it entirely.

Hmmm....I've never had a problem with it and find it works REALLY well. Can you explain what's "going wrong" when you try to use it?? Maybe I can shed some insight :)
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Unfinished » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:53 am

Maybe this suggestion should be here.
Unfinished

Postby Unfinished » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:21 am

Is there anything that (potential) Notion customers would be wise not to do until they have Notion 3? (ie. Would it be better to wait for its release before buying more sound expansion kits or would it make no difference?)
I won't make a new thread on this as I might as well just put it here: I think that there should be a short video selling Notion (/The Notion products) on the front page rather than (or in addition to) the graphics you have at the moment.
Any chance on a little (optional) opening music when you load up Notion?
Does anyone else find that they need to turn their volume up when they use Notion? Is it just usually a little quiet?
That's all I can think of... Can we get any indication of how long it will be until the release of Notion 3?
Unfinished

Postby Admin » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:17 am

The video is definitely in the works...as is a new website :D

The sound kits will translate over to 3 smoothly, so don't let the release hold you back!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby mkral » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:07 pm

I did just remember one thing that would be nice.

During playback, if you have the piano pedal used for a long section, and you start playback any time after the pedal marking it acts as if the pedal wasn't pushed. This causes me to begin playback from the pedal marking which wastes time.

Pretty minor but I thought I would throw it out there.
mkral

Postby Admin » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:10 am

Figured I'd post this here as well....

Hello all!

I know that some of you will be VERY happy about this and considering the excellent feedback and input you've given we've decided to ask if you'd like to Beta test NOTION3! Contact Lubo Astinov at lubo@notionmusic.com for information! We have a nice system set up for the Beta testers and as I said you all have given us so much valuable feedback that it just seemed like a "no-brainer." SO I guess you all will be able to get a peek at 3 and help us put the finishing touches on it!!

Thanks again for your input and enjoy!
-Kyle

Once again....please contact Lubo Astinov at lubo@notionmusic.com and he'll get you set up with the program. :D
Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to NOTION