Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Delete measures

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Delete measures

Postby ulrik » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:14 pm

Eftwyrd wrote:Ah, some interesting news concerning my problem.
I discovered that the normal cut-function still works "fine" on my system. BUT! the function cut (ctrl+x) only works as long as I don't have an Instrument with a TAB notation in it! If there is an instrument with TAB notation, then the cut function doesn't work anymore. It only works if for example the E-Guitar is shown as only notation or only TAB. But if bith is activated standard notation and TAB it doesn't work anymore. So perhaps this helps you and perhaps now I'm not the only one with this problem anymore.

Yeah, you're right, I have the same problem if I have tab enabled, I can't cut.
ulrik

Postby russcript » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:03 pm

Select the measures to delete then: right-click>edit>delete

this works for me but it certainly would be nice to have a shortcut!
russcript

Postby tubatimberinger » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:16 pm

I also run windows 7 64bit. No problems here deleting entire measures. I would suggest a reinstall.
tubatimberinger

Postby Eftwyrd » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:06 pm

Just wanted to mention that I really hope you will solve this problem in a not so far future. It's really annoying in the long run. So I hope the next update will not be so far away and it will solve this problem.
Eftwyrd

Postby Proteus » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:59 pm

I have the same problem when trying to delete bars. The only solution I have found so far is to delete the music first and then delete the barlines one by one which is a little time consuming depending on how many bars you need to delete.
Proteus

Postby Surfwhammy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:08 pm

Proteus wrote:I have the same problem when trying to delete bars. The only solution I have found so far is to delete the music first and then delete the barlines one by one which is a little time consuming depending on how many bars you need to delete.

"Delete" from the Edit menu worked at least one time but not in any consistent way, so I do the same thing you do, which is to zap the notes to empty the bars, followed by selecting each vertical "barline" and then deleting it with the "forward delete" key on the Mac keyboard, which works except that the bar numbers also are deleted, which maps to gaps in the bar numbers until you save the project, close it and exit Notion 3, and then restart Notion 3 . . .

This is not a bit deal, since it is not something I need to do very often . . .

And for reference, I tend to work in "Continuous" view, which might have something to do with this quirky behavior . . .

Lots of FUN!
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Postby achambily » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:24 am

Same, pb, with Ctrl+X, an empty measure is still remaining, impossible to delete it...
Notion, Cubase 7, EWQLSO Gold, VSL SE
Win7 x64, I7 Dell studio laptop, 8GB RAM
M-Audio FTP
M-Audio KeyStudio 25
Clavinova CLP 811
Sennheiser e840
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Yamaha HS50M

http://chambily.com/
http://soundcloud.com/axel-casadesus/sets
achambily

Postby fabiolcati » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:27 am

Use *delete* from the menu bar.
Weird, but working - at least on mac osx 10.4
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Postby Zblogny » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:39 am

I've found out that it's impossible to delete an empty bar.
So you must write anything (note or rest) in at least one instrument, select measures on the whole score height, and then Edit-Delete will do the job.
Zblogny

Postby Eftwyrd » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:57 am

Well, like I mentioned 3 months ago ->

I discovered that the normal cut-function still works "fine" on my system. BUT! the function cut (ctrl+x) only works as long as I don't have an Instrument with a TAB notation in it! If there is an instrument with TAB notation, then the cut function doesn't work anymore. It only works if for example the E-Guitar is shown as only notation or only TAB. But if bith is activated standard notation and TAB it doesn't work anymore. So perhaps this helps you and perhaps now I'm not the only one with this problem anymore.

..and still no update to fix this problem. :cry:
Eftwyrd

PreviousNext

Return to NOTION