Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Delete measures

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Delete measures

Postby Eftwyrd » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:45 am

Well..it seems I am the only one who has this problem. But I tried it now over and over in different projects..no result. Meausers still there. I really don't know why this happens but there has to be solution I hope. I won't re-install Notion because of this silly bug. So I hope somebody could give me an answer why Notion behaves in this way on my system and if there is a way to solve this problem. Like I said, before the last update it worked fine. So it must have to do something with the update i suppose. But there's also no way to downgrade to the last version before the update I think to test it?
Eftwyrd

Postby thorrild » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:59 pm

Are you highlighting all staves vertically before you try to delete? It is my understanding that if this is not the case, the only thing you will erase is the contents of the measures, not the barlines.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby Eftwyrd » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Well of course I select all staves vertically. But nevertheless. /measures/barlines..still there :cry:
Eftwyrd

Postby ulrik » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:53 pm

Could it be that you have one or more systems hidden? Just a thought....
ulrik

Postby Eftwyrd » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:05 pm

ulrik wrote:Could it be that you have one or more systems hidden? Just a thought....

Good Idea. But unfortunately that's not the case. I tried it also on a completely new score with only one instrument. Notated some notes and then tried to delete some measueres to test it. Same Problem. They are still there.
Eftwyrd

Postby Admin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:28 pm

Eftwyrd wrote:
ulrik wrote:Could it be that you have one or more systems hidden? Just a thought....

Good Idea. But unfortunately that's not the case. I tried it also on a completely new score with only one instrument. Notated some notes and then tried to delete some measueres to test it. Same Problem. They are still there.

Does the "cut" work around not work for you??
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Eftwyrd » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:39 pm

The "cut" work aorund is nice but it's not really an alternative for me. I need the score to be 100% clean because it will be printed. So cut-marks won't be good in this case.
So is there perhaps a possibility to delete my update to try if it works before the update or do I really have to re-install the whole program and hope that it works fine again, because it seems to me that there will be no other solution :oops: .
Eftwyrd

Postby Admin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Eftwyrd wrote:

The "cut" work aorund is nice but it's not really an alternative for me. I need the score to be 100% clean because it will be printed. So cut-marks won't be good in this case.
So is there perhaps a possibility to delete my update to try if it works before the update or do I really have to re-install the whole program and hope that it works fine again, because it seems to me that there will be no other solution :oops: .

We're going to have it fixed to work as it did soon....I think you're mis understanding the "cut" that I'm talking about. I'm referring to the cut as in cut/copy/paste which really functions no differently than delete used to (other than there is an extra key stroke there). There will be no "cut marks" in the score and it will remove the measures you've selected (given you've selected the entire system).

Make sure you don't have anything hidden and all staves are showing, and that you've selected the entire system and it should function exactly the same. If this is not the case let me know and we'll work it out. I just tried it on my system and it works exactly as the delete function used to.....
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Eftwyrd » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:54 pm

Ah, some interesting news concerning my problem.
I discovered that the normal cut-function still works "fine" on my system. BUT! the function cut (ctrl+x) only works as long as I don't have an Instrument with a TAB notation in it! If there is an instrument with TAB notation, then the cut function doesn't work anymore. It only works if for example the E-Guitar is shown as only notation or only TAB. But if bith is activated standard notation and TAB it doesn't work anymore. So perhaps this helps you and perhaps now I'm not the only one with this problem anymore.
Eftwyrd

Postby Admin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:08 pm

Eftwyrd wrote:Ah, some interesting news concerning my problem.
I discovered that the normal cut-function still works "fine" on my system. BUT! the function cut (ctrl+x) only works as long as I don't have an Instrument with a TAB notation in it! If there is an instrument with TAB notation, then the cut function doesn't work anymore. It only works if for example the E-Guitar is shown as only notation or only TAB. But if bith is activated standard notation and TAB it doesn't work anymore. So perhaps this helps you and perhaps now I'm not the only one with this problem anymore.

So it turns out that this issue has to do with TAB staffs....I just tried the delete function from the edit menu with my guitar parts showing only standard notation and the delete function worked properly (by accessing it from the edit menu).

I know this is a pain in the rear but we'll have it fixed soon. sorry ...
Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to NOTION