Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Installing sample updates

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Installing sample updates

Postby Unfinished » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:17 pm

I'm a little bit confused because my program is telling me about all the sample updates available, so I went and downloaded them, double clicked on one, then it prompts for a license code and two options to receive authorisation and something else (something like that anyway).
Where do I find the code that I need to put in? Am I supposed to know it or do I need to have bought the relevant expansion sounds to be able to install the samples?

Thanks.
Unfinished

Re: Installing sample updates

Postby Admin » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:20 pm

Unfinished wrote:I'm a little bit confused because my program is telling me about all the sample updates available, so I went and downloaded them, double clicked on one, then it prompts for a license code and two options to receive authorisation and something else (something like that anyway).
Where do I find the code that I need to put in? Am I supposed to know it or do I need to have bought the relevant expansion sounds to be able to install the samples?

Thanks.

Which sample update did you download? The two bundles at the top of the sample update page should all be bundled sounds. The link for the saxophones at the bottom of the page is for expanded sounds, so if you didn't have them before you wouldn't have them now.......
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Unfinished » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:05 pm

I downloaded them all (Bundled_update_ww_ss, Bundled_update_brass_strings and Expansion_update), but tried the contrabass saxophone first (because the saxophones were finished downloading long before the other two). Is it going to refuse to install the complementary ones until I authorise the contrabass saxophone?
Thanks.
Unfinished

Postby Admin » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 pm

Unfinished wrote:I downloaded them all (Bundled_update_ww_ss, Bundled_update_brass_strings and Expansion_update), but tried the contrabass saxophone first (because the saxophones were finished downloading long before the other two). Is it going to refuse to install the complementary ones until I authorise the contrabass saxophone?
Thanks.

If you haven't purchased the expansion sounds you will not be able to authorize them. If you downloaded them by accident you can simply delete the .prox file and the authorization window will disappear.

The rest of the samples should install fine once you've either deleted the saxophone .prox files, or authorized them.

Hope this helps!
Sorry for the confusion....
-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Return to NOTION