Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: 3.280

Postby wglmb » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:25 am

Is there a list somewhere of what this update fixes / adds?

tombax wrote:I downloaded a ton of stuff, and I get a "boost: file system: remove: access denied" message when I try to install.

Same for me
wglmb

Postby Admin » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:34 am

patricio wrote:I updated to the new build and the dialog window appeared with the sounds which need an update.
So these sounds have to be updated a manually ?
Thats a lot of work, is there a way to download them in one single file or so ?

We are working on this and will have a fix for you all this afternoon. There will be one large download that will include all of the new sounds.

-kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:35 am

wglmb wrote:Is there a list somewhere of what this update fixes / adds?

tombax wrote:I downloaded a ton of stuff, and I get a "boost: file system: remove: access denied" message when I try to install.

Same for me

Build 280:

1. Support for looped LSO woodwinds and brass instruments & new samples
2. Hide Resting Staffs feature
3. Text formatting for text and title items
4. Guitar TAB improvements
5. Mixer issues fixed
6. VSL VI Pro support
Admin
Site Admin

Postby wglmb » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:22 am

^ thank you!
wglmb

Postby pianosteve » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:48 am

Admin wrote:There will be one large download that will include all of the new sounds.

-kyle

Kyle, this is great news! When I saw the list of sounds that needed updated, and then saw that we had to do them one-by-one off the webpage, I about cried! ;) I'll wait for the large one-file-download solution.

BTW, the "hide resting staff" feature will be very, very nice for orchestral works. I can't wait to see it in action (downloaded the update already, but just have too much to do right now to check it out).
pianosteve

Postby Brian » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:06 pm

Hello,

This is Brian from NOTION Music Technical Support. This post is in regards to the "Boost" error message that some people have been receiving when trying to install the downloaded sounds. Our developers are working on making this process easier for everyone but in the meantime, here are two workarounds that will allow you to install and use the new sound files.

1. Please highlight all of the downloaded sound files, right-click them, and choose "Copy." On Windows, go to C:\Program Files\NOTION 3\Sounds\Bundled, right-click inside of the folder and choose "Paste." When asked if you would like to over-write the files that are already in the folder, please choose to do so. On a Mac, the location that you want to copy your sound files to is Macintosh HD\Library\Application Support\Notion Music\Notion 3\Sounds\Bundled. IMPORTANT: After you have successfully placed the new samples into the correct location, please go to File>Preferences and click on the "audio" tab. Next, press the button that says "Choose...," navigate and single-click the "Sounds" folder, and press the select button (on Mac, you will be prompted for your OS password). You should then get a "locating samples" dialogue box and the program will load the new sounds.

2. On a Windows machine, you can go to c:\Program Files\NOTION 3, right-click the "NOTION 3" folder, and go to "Properties." You can then uncheck the "Read Only" box and press the "Apply" button. When prompted, choose to appy these settings to all files and subfolders. This will allow you to double-click a downloaded sound file and have it automatically install.

Thanks again to everyone for your patience. If you have any questions or need any further assistance, please feel free to contact me at support@notionmusic.com or give us a call at 866-398-2994.

Thanks,

Brian
Brian
NOTION Music Tech Support
866-398-2994
Brian

Postby pcartwright » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:49 pm

Good info. Thanks Brian.
pcartwright

Postby Cerb » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:51 pm

I am sorry if this is not very constructive, but I can't prevent from being each time more disappointed by the poor functional contents from an update to another.

I have been waiting since the release of N3 for real improvements and must fixes implementations (real midi import functionality, basic bugs correction, especially relative to midi import, bracket bugs, adjustment of the middle key for grand staves, recording of the piano pedal, better handling and copy/pasting of multiple voices, overall performance etc etc...)

This is a good thing that sound libraries are extended and improved, but this should not be a priority over bug fixes and functional aspects.

Seems to be a nice update for guitar players however, good for them, too bad for me.

This is not a troll post, but I think that Notion should also hear the voice of those who are not happy with Notion in its current state and with the way it is evolving.
Cerb

Postby Admin » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:10 pm

Cerb wrote:I am sorry if this is not very constructive, but I can't prevent from being each time more disappointed by the poor functional contents from an update to another.

I have been waiting since the release of N3 for real improvements and must fixes implementations (real midi import functionality, basic bugs correction, especially relative to midi import, bracket bugs, adjustment of the middle key for grand staves, recording of the piano pedal, better handling and copy/pasting of multiple voices, overall performance etc etc...)

This is a good thing that sound libraries are extended and improved, but this should not be a priority over bug fixes and functional aspects.

Seems to be a nice update for guitar players however, good for them, too bad for me.

This is not a troll post, but I think that Notion should also hear the voice of those who are not happy with Notion in its current state and with the way it is evolving.

We truly appreciate your concerns....thank you for voicing them. More often than not updates please some and don't please others. We are trying hard to prioritize bug fixes and implementation of new features, and I'm sorry we weren't able to address your specific needs. I've definitely brought up the issue with recording the piano pedal, and I can't say that it's going to happen soon, but the developers are very aware that it's a high priority.

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Beardedone » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:31 pm

I see that this update includes GPO in the score setup. However I still cannot get Notion to load GPO 4 sounds. I have to use the VST Instruments and it loads one instance per staff even with the multitimbral VSTi. Please advise how to use Notion with GPO4.

Gordon
Beardedone

PreviousNext

Return to NOTION