Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Mouse vs lines

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Mouse vs lines

Postby Erufailon » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:51 am

Does anyone else have this problem? Let's say I want to enter an F, but my pointer jumps between G and E and wouldn't want to do anything with F. Now I can understand that, F starts a bad word and stuff, still, I'd like to enter it, and it's sometimes mighty hard. This does not always happen, and is not tied to any specific notes, sometimes it wouldn't enter for example a D, and would jump from C straight to E, sometimes to other notes. It can be solved by moving the mouse away, then coming back, but it's pretty annoying. The only thing I love in Sibelius (tho I only tried the demo) is the possibility to enter notes via keyboard, so if I missplace a note, I can easily move it up or down, fast.
Now, I like to set my mouse pretty fast, so it might be the reason, so I'd like to know if anyone else have this problem.
Erufailon

Re: Mouse vs lines

Postby Erufailon » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:55 am

O, and I'm zoomed in because of this most of the time, so I can only see 3 staffs at once on my 1680x1050 22" screen. :)
Erufailon

Postby ulrik » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:06 am

I am not having this problem.
using v3.1.277 on intel osx 10.6.4
ulrik

Postby wglmb » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:01 pm

I've never experienced this - but I'd also love Notion to adopt Sibelius' entry-system. It's waaaay faster to use.
wglmb

Postby Erufailon » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:22 pm

Thanks, so it's probably my fast mouse settings.
Erufailon

Postby dgriffee » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:25 am

hey erufailon, this is just a friendly tip although perhaps not what you had in mind per your overaccellerated (grin) mousie...

I have been using with much joy a couple of mouse-alternatives made by Contour Design that I have found are far more fast/easy/accurate and especially well suited for musicians' computer applications. One is called "rollermouse-free" and it just happens to fit perfectly either in front of or on top of a music keyboard, kinda pricy ($200) but when you experience how smoothly it works for music stuff it's worth every penny! They also have a slick little "ShuttlePro" that makes navigating both horizontally/vertically and zooming in/out so handy that you can easily work as closeup as you like without feeling constrained or boxed in by the screen.

Mice are fine for web browser use, but (IMHO) I think that specialized applications like music demand specialized input devices. Hey your music (your hands!) are worth it, eh?

just a fellow-musician suggestion...
-DG
dgriffee

Postby Erufailon » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:27 pm

Hey, great idea, thanks! I mean I probably won't get that, but I have a wacom tablet, and I was able to map undo to one of the buttons on the grip part of the pen, so even if I missplace a note, undo is right under my finger, and it's much more precise than the mouse anyway. Thank you.
And it's almost like working on paper :)
Erufailon

Postby wcreed51 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:56 pm

Which wacom product are you using?

Bill
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby Erufailon » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:48 pm

An Intuos 3 6x8
Erufailon

Postby iamnemo » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:08 pm

The Wacom Bamboo tablet now offers a nice wireless option. My wife uses it with N3. 8-)
iamnemo

Return to NOTION