Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Markings with playback effect

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Markings with playback effect

Postby fabiolcati » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:36 am

Just alerted from Kyle's post at Garritan Forum about the release of N3, I started looking for more information about to plan a purchasing in the next few days.

As stated in the online User Guide (very helpful to evaluate N3's features until demo will appear) not all markings are available for playback. It would be nice to have them... marked in some way to know which will respond and which do not.

Do you plan to make more of them available in the future?

Also sforzando marks seems to have no playback effect (UG, page 10.10). As a Beethoven's fan, how do you suggest to achieve the same effect?

Last, can we hope for additional playing tecniques for solo strings? (Yes, I know, I submitted the same question at the time of N2, but I can't wait no longer to start to work at my first string quartet!)

Best regards.
Last edited by fabiolcati on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Re: Markings with playback effect

Postby KylePoehling » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:43 am

fabiolcati wrote:Just alerted from Kyle's post at Garritan Forum about the release of N3, I started looking for more information about to plan a purchasing in the next few days.

As stated in the online User Guide (very helpful to evaluate N3's features until demo will appear) not all markings are available for playback. It would be nice to have them... marked in some way to know which will respond and which do not.

Do you plan to make more of them available in the future?

Also sforzando marks seems to have no playback effect (UG, page 10.10). As a Beethoven's fan, how do you suggest to achieve the same effect?

Last, can we hope for additional playing tecniques for solo strings? (Yes, I know, I submitted the same question at the time of N2, but I can't wait no longer to start to work at my first string quartet!)

Best regards.

We're currently working on getting a complete listing of the markings in regards to playback. I'll keep you posted....What specific techniques are you looking for in addition to everything we have including expansion kits?

-Kyle
Kyle Poehling
Marketing/Communications Manager-Notion Music
http://www.hotpoliticsband.com
http://www.modernrobot.net
KylePoehling

Re: Markings with playback effect

Postby fabiolcati » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:10 am

Well... The same you planned for string sections would be appreciate.

Unless they are already included in the advertised soon-available expansion packs...

Aside all, let me express my gratitude for the effort you spent in all this!
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Return to NOTION