Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Slight problem with stacked notes of different durations.

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Slight problem with stacked notes of different durations.

Postby fandango » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm transcribing from a score based on a piece from Alexandre Guilmant and I'm having a problem trying to enter the following measure:

Problem: If I try and dot one of the minims(halves), both get dotted. It seems I can't dot one without dotting both of them?

Am I missing a way of telling Notion that certain notes are for certain players?
fandango

Re: Slight problem with stacked notes of different durations.

Postby ulrik » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:38 pm

fandango wrote:I'm transcribing from a score based on a piece from Alexandre Guilmant and I'm having a problem trying to enter the following measure:

Problem: If I try and dot one of the minims(halves), both get dotted. It seems I can't dot one without dotting both of them?

Am I missing a way of telling Notion that certain notes are for certain players?

You have to use different layers for the a and the c, then you're able to give them different values.
ulrik

Re: Slight problem with stacked notes of different durations.

Postby fandango » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:42 am

Ah, yep! Thanks Ulrik, works great now.

(Ctrl-1 and Ctrl-2, useful shortcuts as well)
fandango

Return to NOTION