Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

GPO and NOTION

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

GPO and NOTION

Postby FireLightDaughter » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:12 pm

Hi everyone,

I just downloaded Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 and am working on learning how to use it with NOTION 3. I don't use a MIDI keyboard for my input, so I know that limits me somewhat. Even so, I'm wondering if anyone out there also uses GPO with NOTION and can offer me any pointers? The quicker I can learn how to use it efficiently and effectively, the better; I've got some film scores I'd really like to be using it for. Thanks!

Regards,
Laura
FireLightDaughter

Re: GPO and NOTION

Postby pcartwright » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:10 pm

I use GPO with Miroslav and Notion's native sounds. You may want to review your rules files with the GPO keyswitches and make changes as you like. I think most of brass ans winds work well with Notion. GPO's strings sound ok, but I think Notion's section strings sound a little better (completely subjective). I will also note that it's very difficult to use GPO percussion as GPO percussion samples are made to be easy to play, but this makes it difficult to isolate specific percussion instruments to a single staff; I'd stick with Notion's percussions sounds.
pcartwright

Return to NOTION