Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Score Staff layout

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Score Staff layout

Postby labou » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:19 pm

Hi All,

I guess I'm going the easy way, but I look around in all menu and start looking at the manual without finding out...

Where is the option to arrange multiple staffs in the same staff structure? What I mean is that when loading template you have like all woodwinds or all strings staffs link together in the same staff structure making the score easier to read, but starting from scratch I can't find the option to do the same....

Thanks.
labou

Re: Score Staff layout

Postby thorrild » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:42 pm

Labou,

If I understand correctly, your question is about linking staves into groups representing the various sections of an ensemble, using connection barlines between staves, and brackets (and/or braces) on the left side of each group of staves. It is all explained on pages 11-36 and 11.37 in the manual. Or you can look in the index under "Barline Group," "Bracket Group" and "Brace Group." A related subject is called "Tempo Group." It is on page 11.34 of the manual.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Re: Score Staff layout

Postby labou » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:42 pm

Thanks Thorrild,

That's what I was looking for.
labou

Return to NOTION