Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Why is so quiet?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Why is so quiet?

Postby deanesque » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:07 am

pcartwright wrote:
deanesque wrote:
Why is this not a priority?!? Isn't Notion supposed to be a composing tool? Isn't piano the most common and most important composing instrument? :!:

I'm sure it is a priority, but there are a lot of other feature requests and bug fixes that have been on the list for much longer than pedal markings. Be patient, I'm sure pedal markings will become available in recording soon.

As far as the piano being the most common composing tool... perhaps. Is it the most important composing instrument, well, that's certainly debatable in this day of technology.

First, just to be clear, it's not just the piano "markings" that are not recorded. It's the C.C.#64 that is not recorded rendering all keyboard performances without any sustain pedal. As far as "most important" - "keyboard" might have been a better choice of words in this "day of technology" but we are still talking about a sustain pedal. This is a vital function and should be top priority if they are serious about being a composition tool IMO.
deanesque

Postby pcartwright » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:26 am

deanesque wrote:First, just to be clear, it's not just the piano "markings" that are not recorded. It's the C.C.#64 that is not recorded rendering all keyboard performances without any sustain pedal. As far as "most important" - "keyboard" might have been a better choice of words in this "day of technology" but we are still talking about a sustain pedal. This is a vital function and should be top priority if they are serious about being a composition tool IMO.

Of course it's important, but, to be clear, there are still other items on the "to do" docket that need to be addressed. Have some patience.
pcartwright

Postby wcreed51 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:25 pm

Personally, I would have put recording CC64 a tad higher up on the "to do" docket than SoundCloud integration…
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby deanesque » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:41 pm

wcreed51 wrote:Personally, I would have put recording CC64 a tad higher up on the "to do" docket than SoundCloud integration…

That's my point exactly. It's about priorities.
deanesque

Postby pcartwright » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:42 pm

wcreed51 wrote:Personally, I would have put recording CC64 a tad higher up on the "to do" docket than SoundCloud integration…

Alright, I'll give you that one.
pcartwright

Previous

Return to NOTION