Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Cakewalk's SFZ Sample Player has problems with Notion 3

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Cakewalk's SFZ Sample Player has problems with Notion 3

Postby Firedrake23 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:23 am

Hey everyone, I'm a student composer I have been using Notion 3 for my musical studies for quite a while now. I must say, it's an excellent program. However, I have one problem with the VST manager and Cakewalk's free SFZ Sample Player. I use the program to play soundfonts (which Notion cannot otherwise read), but it seems to cut in and out at random intervals. This is really irritating me, as I found a great choir soundfont which I've been using, and it occasionally just cuts out while the song is playing, even in the audio I export. I've used loads of soundfonts with the player, and I'm pretty sure the problem is between the player and Notion.

However, I'm not really sure if the problem is with Notion 3 or Cakewalk's SFZ player. I've done some searching, and I can't find anyone else having the same problem. Is there anything I can do to solve this annoying glitch?

Here's the link to the SFZ player: http://www.cakewalk.com/support/project5/sfz.aspx
Firedrake23

Re: Cakewalk's SFZ Sample Player has problems with Notion 3

Postby DaveElson » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:58 am

What are you loading into it?
Soundfonts? If so try looking for another player.
However, have a look at Highlife and Shortcircuit. Both load sfz's and are free.
Google them (add vst) and you should find them.
Hope this helps.
DaveElson

Re: Cakewalk's SFZ Sample Player has problems with Notion 3

Postby Firedrake23 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:24 pm

Thanks! That solved my problem.
Firedrake23

Return to NOTION