Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

N3 Copy Protection

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: N3 Copy Protection

Postby giwro » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:49 am

I feel your pain, but I encourage you to drop a note or give a call to the tech folks at Notion...

I had a power supply meltdown that also managed to take out my motherboard and BOTH drives, obviously
there was no chance to deauthorize the dead PC. Since the Auth codes were also stored on that machine,
I had no way of verifying that it was really dead, but they kindly released one of the licenses so I could reinstall.

Although the copy protection seems draconian (and probably is, IMHO) Notion is very willing to work with you on issues like this, and makes the process of getting these issues taken care of reasonably painless.

My best,

- Jonathan
giwro

Re: N3 Copy Protection

Postby solo7100 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:13 pm

I hear ya....cool.

Well, I'll give it a go and call them up to see what can be done. Before this I was just sharing with my church how we could use it to print out all our sheet music after recording the parts in Notion...

....doh! Now I hope I can actually do what I shared.

Thanks
solo7100

Previous

Return to NOTION