Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

adding sections of rests

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

adding sections of rests

Postby tbobpage » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:38 am

Hello -

Forgive me if I'm covering old news, but I can't seem to figure out how to add a segment of rests - more specifically, I can add measures as rests fine, but what if I want to just have one bar and then put the number of measures of rests within that one bar? (like "8" or something like that) - used to see this all the time in instrument sheet music but can't seem to figure out if notion will allow me to do this without just putting the text in (but subsequently then messing up the score structure....)

thanks in advance,

Todd
tbobpage

Re: adding sections of rests

Postby Admin » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:36 am

You can do this....it's available for dynamic parts only though (if you were to use it for a whole score it may mess up the formatting).

Click on Score>Full Score Options in the menu bar.

Then select "multi measure rests" as 2 or greater. Now if you insert multiple measures of rests then click on Score>Dynamic Parts and select the instrument you would like to see the multiple measure rests.

Hope this helps!
Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Re: adding sections of rests

Postby tbobpage » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:28 am

thanks for the info - I'll give that a try!

todd
tbobpage

Return to NOTION