Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Conserving CPU power

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Conserving CPU power

Postby geebo2b » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:08 pm

:D Hi all
I need some help with my NotionSLE for Miroslav. I noticed that when I create an orchestral score that each instrument system opens it's own instance of Miroslav.

Well, the problem is, once I am working with more than 5-6 instances of Miroslav, it starts to choke my CPU.

I have an Intel Imac with a Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHZ CPU and 2 GB of Ram.

Is there a way I can open up more instrument systems yet limit the number of instances of Miroslav.

For instance , I notice that I don't usually need every performance for the strings, so I could eliminate the performances I don't need and fill those midi slots with other instruments i do need. Problem is, I haven't found a way to do that.

As soon as I open a new system..it automacally opens a Miroslav instance for that single instrment.

So If I have 16-20 instruments in a score..each system has it's own Miroslav instance and thus the CPU can't deal with it.

Any good suggestions (besides spending 6 grand on some super computer?)

Thanks for any info that can help.

Gary
geebo2b

Re: Conserving CPU power

Postby astinov » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:33 am

Hi Gary,

I would recommend you use the provided Full Orchestra template for any instrument-intensive work. The FO template has been designed for this purpose, I hope this helps.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Return to NOTION