Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Woodwind Trills Problem

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Woodwind Trills Problem

Postby DrH » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:32 pm

I just want to keep alive the fact that the N3 woodwind trills are *very* frustrating in that they have a start delay to them (the delay varying from instrument to instrument, with the clarinet being the worse) that at even moderately quick tempos will cause the trill not to be heard at all (!).

This is not a problem with the brass or string trills (nor is it a problem with N2 woodwinds), and it may be a programming rather than sampling problem because the new MIDI-generated trills exhibits the same delay problem.

Any hope that this performative annoyance will be fixed soon?

DrH
DrH

Re: Woodwind Trills Problem

Postby pcartwright » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:04 am

Slightly OT, how do you generate MIDI trills? (I'm assuming you're not talking about trills using a keyswitch but actual MIDI notes playing in succession)
pcartwright

Postby kelldammit » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:25 am

it depends on the instrument. i think gpo allows you to trill by holding the lower note, and adding/removing the trill note as necessary. for most synths or other instruments that aren't really "trill-aware", you'd have to do midi trills the editing-intensive, old fashioned way...

kell
kelldammit

Postby pcartwright » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:02 pm

I just noticed the build information that references MIDI generate trills. It looks like you can edit the start "delay" and the timing in the rules files. :D
pcartwright

Return to NOTION