Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Importing midi file

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Importing midi file

Postby drumtapper » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi When I import a midi file that was made from Cubase SX 3 with a tempo of 95 into Notion 3 the file comes up with a tempo of 90. I'm tryin to layer the string sounds from the midi file. Shouldnt the midi file be imported at 95 in Notion. Thanks for your help
drumtapper

Re: Importing midi file

Postby Brian » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:42 am

Hello,

This is Brian from NOTION Music Technical Support. NOTION 3 will assign any score that does not have a tempo, a default value of 90 bpm. I think that this is what is going on. To change the tempo, simply double-click the quarter note equals 90 on the page and type in 95. This will resolve the issue. The tempo should have imported into the program correctly. If you feel that this is a bug, please send your MIDI file to support@notionmusic.com and I would be happy to open it in another program to see if there is a tempo assigned to the file. If there is, I will log the issue with our development team. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Brian
Brian
NOTION Music Tech Support
866-398-2994
Brian

Return to NOTION