Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Printing - Crash

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Printing - Crash

Postby Eftwyrd » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:40 pm

Hey,
today i wanted to print a new composition from me. I never had any problems with Notion regarding printing. But today evereytime I click on the Print-Button the programm crashes immedately. I tried it with another file from me and then it worked fine. But if I want to print the other one it crashes again and again. Has anybody an idea why Notion don't want to print my composition and crashes everytime I try this?
Eftwyrd

Re: Printing - Crash

Postby JKNorman » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:20 pm

I'm going to guess that your file is corrupted in some way. Two suggestions: export it as an XML, then import it back into Notion, then try to print. (Doing this export-import thing is something that Notion tech support has suggested for other issues.)

And/or (assuming you're trying to print directly to your printer), choose instead to "print" as a PDF (if you have that option on your PC), then, when it launches as a new PDF document in (e.g.) Adobe Acrobat, print the PDF.

Hope this helps.

Jim
JKNorman

Postby Eftwyrd » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:43 am

Hey,
thanks for the fast reply.
The way you explained (exporting xml -> importing) worked well. Such an easy solution but i did not hit on it.
Problem solved. Happy.

Greetings from Germany,
Sebastian
Eftwyrd

Postby Eftwyrd » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:11 am

I have the same problem again. But this time the XML-Export-Feature also doesn't work. So I have no idea how to get the Score printed. Notion always tells me

"Notion 3.exe caused UNKNOWN_ERROR in module "C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll" at 0023:74FAB727, RaiseException()+88 byte(s)"
Eftwyrd

Postby Brian » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:36 am

Hi,

This is Brian from NOTION Music Technical Support. I saw this thread and wanted to offer my assistance. Please feel free to send me a score that you are unable to print and I would be happy to take a look at it and see if there is a problem with a bug. You can send it to support@notionmusic.com if you would like. Exporting a file to MusicXML and importing it back into NOTION is an excellent way to rebuild a score and see if there is a problem with it or the program. I would recommend visiting the manufacturer of your printer's web site and downloading and installing the latest driver for your printer. NOTION simply calls to the driver and sends the image. I am curious to see if there is a problem though. Please let me know what operating system you are running.

Thanks,

Brian
Brian

Postby pauldrake » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:37 am

JKNorman wrote:I'm going to guess that your file is corrupted in some way. Two suggestions: export it as an XML, then import it back into Notion, then try to hp 60 ink cartridge from InkJetSuperStore.com. (Doing this export-import thing is something that Notion tech support has suggested for other issues.)

And/or (assuming you're trying to print directly to your printer), choose instead to "print" as a PDF (if you have that option on your PC), then, when it launches as a new PDF document in (e.g.) Adobe Acrobat, print the PDF.

Hope this helps.

Jim

^ Thanks mate. I was able to resolve the issue that I was having for some time now. I never thought that the solution would be that simple. Hoping not to face the same issue again. Thanks again. Cheers
pauldrake

Return to NOTION