Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Toontrack EZDrummer in Notion 3

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Toontrack EZDrummer in Notion 3

Postby Pavel910 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:27 am

Hey guys!

I'm trying to make EZDrummer work in Notion3. XLN Addictive Drums are working fine so I thought I should give EZ a go. And I've stumbled upon a strange behavior. The plugin is recognized, the EZ sampler starts, I can see the drum set, but no samples are loaded (memory usage in EZ stays at 0MB).

I'm using Win7 64-bit, and EZ works just fine in Cubase.

Has anybody had any experience with EZDrummer in Notion3 ?

Thanks in advance!
See you around!
Pavel910

Re: Toontrack EZDrummer in Notion 3

Postby tyes » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:56 am

Did you get a solution for this?
tyes

Postby nashash » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:11 pm

Pavel910 wrote:Hey guys!

XLN Addictive Drums are working fine

how are your notes mapped to addictive drums? i'm finding the standard drum notes don't work with AD drums, they are like 3 octaves lower, ? how are you mapping between addictive drums and notion 3 ?
nashash

Postby elerouxx » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:16 am

In cases like this, I first try to set the drumset staff as a transposing instrument (transposing 1 or more octaves up or down as needed).

But if sounds aren't in the traditional order for the instrument notation then I guess more work is needed either on the synth or in custom rules.

By the way, I found this thread researching about EZdrummer. Do you recommend it?
I am looking for a simple solution for popular percussion needs .
elerouxx

Return to NOTION