Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Save As Audio problem

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Save As Audio problem

Postby thorrild » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:56 am

Has anyone found problems when saving Notion files as .wav files? In the current file, there is a caesura (breath mark), and it plays back correctly in Notion, but when I save it as an audio file, one of the instruments disregards the mark and holds its note for the full duration. Any suggestions for fixing this — without changing the notation?
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Re: Save As Audio problem

Postby JKNorman » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:26 pm

I recently had an issue whereby I would export the file and have a brief silence in the track. Accidentally, I discovered that if I change the "defective" section (which had a tempo change) so that the tempo is consistent throughout the composition, the glitch disappears. (The other thing was that the "defective" section also featured samples from a third party.)

So...

May I suggest that you either change the breath mark in some way; or delete it, then save the piece, open it again, then re-insert it and try to export.

It might turn out that you should submit this as a Bug Report, though. (At one point, I had a buggy issue with one particular grace note when applied in a particular way. Kept crashing everything. So, again, it might be a bug.)

Jim
JKNorman

Return to NOTION