Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

VSL Ensemble Pro orchestral template

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

VSL Ensemble Pro orchestral template

Postby davidmesiha » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:42 am

Hello guys,

I'm stuck and in need of help.
I was wondering if any of you is willing to share with me, or us a vienna ensemble pro orchestral template? either chamber orchestra or full orchestra!

I understand the theory behind it all, and have studied composition and orchestration. I also understand that it is up to personal taste to set the mixing levels and instrument panning for a mock up. However, I have never done a mock up before and if anyone is willing to share a template, then it would be an enormous help to get me started in the right direction.

I'm suppose to have a mock up done in a few days and I'm quite confused as to the best instrument balance and panning to achieve a decent quality mockup.

I appreciate any help in advance.

sincerely

David Mesiha
davidmesiha

Re: VSL Ensemble Pro orchestral template

Postby Novatlan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:44 am

It is very hard to share templates, because they are highly individual, mostly because of different sample libraries used.
My template has 120 tracks using at least a dozen libraries, I would highly doubt that you have all of these, too.
I have however written a tutorial on how to set up a template with VE Pro and Logic, maybe that helps, at least from the technical side of things: http://novatlan-sound.de/blog_files/145 ... d64-14.php
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Re: VSL Ensemble Pro orchestral template

Postby davidmesiha » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:35 am

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.
I have downloaded your pdf tutorial and will read through it.
your help is really appreciated.

sincerely

David
davidmesiha

Return to NOTION