Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

techniquelist.xml

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: techniquelist.xml

Postby labou » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:23 am

Well, I believe both wil be needed, having the hability to create instrument template carrying it's own rule will be awesome, however it is still forcing you to create one instance of the sampler you use by instrument which can then become costly CPU wise...

I forgot one thing,

- We should be able to have more than 4 midi out port
labou

Postby labou » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:34 pm

Well. ok I'm tired of clicking around, so the build we are looking for to have midi techinques available is possibly 258 to what I'm understanding, anybody knows where this build could still be downloaded from?

Notion download section only keeps last build as far as I can see...

Thanks.
labou

Postby Erufailon » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:15 pm

Interesting, I haven't been able to get myself to use N3 ever since I have to type in the expressions. Before that everything was just a click away, and now it's all a chore. Just thought I'd share this observation...
Erufailon

Postby wcreed51 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Also interesting that in the 3 months since Notion rolled out the custom rules resources, they’ve not responded to any of the many comments or questions on the subject posted here.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby Erufailon » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:44 pm

IMHO this XML editing solution that was chosen must be very hard for support as it is very easy to make mistakes, be it only a simple typo, and those are time consuming to track down.
Erufailon

Postby Admin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:13 pm

wcreed51 wrote:Also interesting that in the 3 months since Notion rolled out the custom rules resources, they’ve not responded to any of the many comments or questions on the subject posted here.

Lubo responded on this thread.....so I don't know where you're getting 3 months......
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Erufailon » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:43 am

Sure, he did, and it brought on many more questions. And there was even an update since then, which did not bring the functionality back. To me it seems that u guys simply removed the part that responded to the midi link-tag in techniquelist.xml. Please bring it back, or tell me how else I can add midi staff specific techniques. Or at least provide a way to roll back to previous versions, in case a new one removes a functionality that we were using.
I understand that it was an undocumented feature, but then take this as a feature request. Please provide a way for us to add our own techniques to the palette.

Edit after some frustration:

Please let me roll back to a previous build when techniquelist accepted the midi tag! I've already moved on to using a sequencer for post-production stuff like humanizing, so I'd be very happy to use an older build which worked flawlessly for me, but I can't find any. So again, please let me roll back!
Erufailon

Postby astinov » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:04 am

Guys,

I just talked to our head developer regarding this and apparently, I was wrong :) This rule was changed, but it will still work as long as you set it to apply for mida, midb, midc, or midd, instead of plain midi.

I just verified it , it works on the latest build :)

Sorry for speaking too soon on this, I should have researched. I appreciate your feedback.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby astinov » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:06 am

One more thing...(no, not FaceTime :)

I just want to remind you about the Express Entry tool. I find it real handy, actually much faster for typing in techniques than the palette. You hit the " key and then just type-in your expression (like norm).

Just a suggestion.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby Erufailon » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:15 am

Yes, it works like that, thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

No need to roll back now, dear Admin, thanks for your message :)
Erufailon

PreviousNext

Return to NOTION