Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Miroslav philharmonik different articulations

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Miroslav philharmonik different articulations

Postby andresosodel » Sat May 11, 2013 9:16 pm

No luck still after uninstalling/reinstalling Miroslav so if anyone knows anything any help would be appreciated!
andresosodel

Postby dranck » Sun May 12, 2013 8:40 am

wcreed51 is correct. The rules I mentioned are intended for Notion 4. Do you have any preset files ;) and rules in your PLK folder?
Music can change the world because it can change people.
Bono
Dave's SoundCloud
dranck

Postby andresosodel » Sun May 12, 2013 12:18 pm

Okay this is strange...I have not downloaded elerouxx's rules yet, but when I looked in my rules folder here is what I found. Now, I'm a beginner when it comes to this whole "rule's" business and admittedly I don't really know what they are or how they operate, but why in the world would my rules appear as "Miroslav_Philharmonik_Mac.prules" if I run Windows 7 as my OS?! I'm guessing here is where the problem lies? Anyone care to explain a little more in detail exactly what these rules are???
Attachments
Rules.JPG
Rules.JPG (48.41 KiB) Viewed 5891 times
andresosodel

Postby wcreed51 » Sun May 12, 2013 1:05 pm

There should be a _Win file also.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby andresosodel » Sun May 12, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi wcreed,

Thank You very much for the folder, it seems to have fixed most of the issues (The rules work now but only when one instance of Miroslav is open for EACH instrument, which is an unnecessary waste of resources). I see however that an administrator has deleted the folder from your post only minutes after I downloaded it. I would very much like for an Administrator then to personally respond to my problems if they disapprove of the help you have provided me. Since I assume they (administrators) have been keeping up with this thread now, PLEASE RESPOND WITH A SOLUTION.

Both my instance of NOTION 3 and MIROSLAV PHILHARMONIK ARE FULLY REGISTERED, and since Miroslav works perfectly fine in its standalone version, I assume it is Notion that is not working correctly in this instance. I would like the attention I deserve. If anyone knows how to directly "tag" an administrator I would be very much obliged.

Andres
andresosodel

Postby wcreed51 » Sun May 12, 2013 2:14 pm

Actually, I removed it after you got it...

Don't worry about using multiple instances on MP. It's designed to work that way, and adds very little overhead because the instances share the same code.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby dranck » Sun May 12, 2013 2:45 pm

One simple thing you can do is to use the section presets instead of individual instrument presets. This loads a Miroslav VSTi template with a number of instruments in one instance. For example Strings II will have Violas, Cellos and Basses in one Miroslav instance.

As long as you aren't seeing any issues, don't worry about the individual instances of Miroslav. If you see performance issues, keep reading.

Alert - This next section may be a "bit" techy! :geek: (I know, that's a bad pun...).

The individual instances of a 32-bit VSTi can increase the overall load on the system. At least in the case of Miroslav, each instance loaded into Notion increases the amount of RAM in use by the Notion process thread. I found that each instance of Miroslav was taking between 100 MB and 250 MB of RAM. Notion 3 is a 32-bit application and there is no 64-bit version available (correct me if I am wrong). In Windows 32-bit applications are limited to accessing up to 2 GB of RAM. I quickly began to push the limit for a 32-bit application with many instances of Miroslav running simultaneously. I am now running Notion 4 which has a 64-bit version (of course this requires a 64-bit version of Windows). I get better much performance with 64-bit Notion BUT I need to use a program called jBridge to run Miroslav in Notion because 64-bit Notion can't load 32-bit VSTis like Miroslav. jBridge allows 64-bit Notion to load 32-bit VSTis. Also, since Notion is running as a 64-bit process, Notion can access additional RAM above 2 GB.

Have fun!
Music can change the world because it can change people.
Bono
Dave's SoundCloud
dranck

Previous

Return to NOTION