Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

"Hide Resting Staffs" in Notion 2.2

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

"Hide Resting Staffs" in Notion 2.2

Postby Mickey » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:05 am

Hi, Folks,

I'm new here, so please forgive me if this issue has already been discussed in the past.

I'm using Notion 2.2. The "Hide Resting Staffs" feature does not work as expected. It does not hide resting or empty staffs in a given system; the only staffs it hides are the ones for instruments for which I have not yet added any music … in other words, for instruments that don’t play at all during the entire piece! As soon as I add some music for one of these instruments—even if it doesn't play until measure 100—its staffs show on every page, even the ones on which it is tacet.

Also (as everyone knows), it's conventional to show the entire instrumentation of a piece on the first page of a score, even those not playing … and there doesn't seem to be a way to exempt page one from the "Hide Resting Staffs" mechanism. So, even if it worked correctly, the first page wouldn't show everything.

Am I doing something wrong, here? The "feature" would be awfully silly if it hid only instruments that never play. After all, if they never play, they shouldn't be in the score at all!

Please advise, and

Many thanks,

Mickey
(Notion Newbie)
Mickey

Re: "Hide Resting Staffs" in Notion 2.2

Postby Mickey » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:00 pm

I just want to thank everyone here in the forum for all of your kind advice, and for making me feel welcome here in the Notion Community.

[That was sarcasm.]

Have a nice life, everyone.
Mickey

Re: "Hide Resting Staffs" in Notion 2.2

Postby ulrik » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:41 pm

Hi Mickey, I just saw this topic and I'm sorry nobody has replied for almost a month, :( and unfortunately I don't have v.2.2 I'm using v.3 so I don't know if it's different between the 2 versions. However in Notion 3 I can, in "Score Setup" chose to have every individual staff be visible or invisible by checking the V mark to the left of the staffs and here it's working fine, I hope this could be of any assistance to you.

Regards / Ulrik
ulrik

Return to NOTION