Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Courtesy accidentals

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Courtesy accidentals

Postby Raymond Robijns » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:24 am

N3 doesn't let me place courtesy accidentals on a staff with mutliple voices (both voices have the same note).

Raymond
PC Intel I7-Quad core, 12 Gb RAM, Windows 7-Pro X64, lots of HD's intern and extern, SONAR 8.5, NOTION 3, Altiverb, Overture, GPO libr., Garritan Authorized Steinway, PianoTeq 3.5 and soon EWQL SO.
Raymond Robijns

Re: Courtesy accidentals

Postby thorrild » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:23 pm

Courtesy accidentals are explained in the User Guide, page 8.7. I have never had problems with them. Can you provide an exact example that can be reproduced?

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby Raymond Robijns » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:53 pm

For single voiced staffs I don't have any problems with this courtesy accidental. But for multiple voiced stuff I can't get the courtesy accidental placed. Try it here (don't know yet how to upload a file on this forum).
If you can add in one go under that big A a courtesy accidental, then I am very curious how you did it.

http://www.box.net/shared/utl6psv18z - you can download it and open it with N3.

Raymond
PC Intel I7-Quad core, 12 Gb RAM, Windows 7-Pro X64, lots of HD's intern and extern, SONAR 8.5, NOTION 3, Altiverb, Overture, GPO libr., Garritan Authorized Steinway, PianoTeq 3.5 and soon EWQL SO.
Raymond Robijns

Postby thorrild » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:25 pm

My solution: Put the courtesy accidental on before you enter the second voice. In your example file, I temporarily dragged the second voice away from its pitch, put the sharp on the upper-voice note, then put the lower-voice pitch back where it came from. It's a little cumbersome, and I would imagine that the folks at Notion didn't intend this behavior, but once you know about it, it's easy to work around it, I think.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby Raymond Robijns » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:29 pm

thorrild wrote:My solution: Put the courtesy accidental on before you enter the second voice. In your example file, I temporarily dragged the second voice away from its pitch, put the sharp on the upper-voice note, then put the lower-voice pitch back where it came from. It's a little cumbersome, and I would imagine that the folks at Notion didn't intend this behavior, but once you know about it, it's easy to work around it, I think.

Best wishes,
Thorrild

Thank Thorrild, for every problem there is "a way around to get it done".

Raymond
Raymond Robijns

Return to NOTION