Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Formating and engraving

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Formating and engraving

Postby G-Sun » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:57 am

Hi!

I interested in Notion4.

Hows the formating options for printing score.
Length of measures individual/all, staff-breaks, scaling, placing of text, dynamics, lyrics and stuff?
G-Sun

Re: Formating and engraving

Postby G-Sun » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:38 am

Posted Oct.11th, displayed Oct.16th..
Does all post go through moderation?
G-Sun

Postby Surfwhammy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:37 am

G-Sun wrote:Posted Oct.11th, displayed Oct.16th..
Does all post go through moderation?

If you have installed the NOTION 3 Demo, then the NOTION 3 User Guide is on your computer and you can read it to answer most or perhaps all of your questions. The location of the user guide depends on the operating system (Mac OS X or Windows), but you can do a search and find it . . .

There are different perspectives on everything, but I think it is accurate to suggest that if you have very precise requirements for printed "sheet music", then at some level it will be more practical to use an application that is heavily focused on extreme music engraving like Sibelius 7 (Avid), but if your requirements are not so exacting, then NOTION will be fine . . .

In other words, if your music engraving requirements routinely map to your being ready, willing, and able to devote several hundred hours to adjusting and fine-tuning the shape and position of everything, then you probably already have Sibelius 7, but if your engraving needs are more practical, then NOTION can be very handy . . .

As an example, if you are one of the folks who simply cannot endure the idea of sheet music for piano without support for cross-staff beaming, then you should consider Sibelius 7 for your advanced music engraving needs, but it is important to understand that this does not prevent you from using NOTION 4, since among other capabilities you can compose music in NOTION 4 and then export it in MusicXML format where the idea is to import the MusicXML to Sibelius 7 for purposes of doing advanced music engraving, as you can do with Finale (Make Music) . . .

My perspective is that NOTION 4 is focused primarily on composing and performing virtual music in the digital universe, and it is the best program available on this planet for doing this using music notation and virtual instruments . . .

Lots of FUN! :)

P. S. You can download the NOTION 4 User Guide in PDF format at the following link, where it is the link called the "NOTION 4 Guide", really. . .

Downloads (Notion Music)

Really! :ugeek:
Last edited by Surfwhammy on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Postby G-Sun » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:05 am

Yes,
I was after a general conception of how good Notion is for formating and print.
Took a little time for me to find the v3 demo option.

Anyway, bought it as it seems decent regarding this, and good at most other aspects.
G-Sun

Return to NOTION