Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Kontakt 5 + 8dio or Eastwest symphonic choir?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Kontakt 5 + 8dio or Eastwest symphonic choir?

Postby mrarnesen » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:39 pm

wcreed51 wrote:Yes, that's the idea.

Soundiron is have a 30% off sale, so if you want Requiem Light, this would be a good time to buy.

Yes, I´m also buying their new Mercury Boys Choir! And Emotional Piano. Such wonderful instruments to a good price at the moment. Check out their site www.soundiron.com

Btw, 8dio has a 40% discount sale at the moment.
Logic Pro 9, Kontakt 5, Notion 4, Requiem Light, Mercury Symphonic Boychoir, Emotional Piano, Miroslav Philharmonik.
mrarnesen

Postby wcreed51 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:15 am

EW is having a 50% off sale now, until the end of December
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby Surfwhammy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:55 pm

mrarnesen wrote:
Surfwhammy wrote:

However, last year (2011) Native Instruments had a 50-percent discount sale on Kontakt 5 for approximately 4 or 5 days beginning on Thanksgivlng in the US, so you might want to wait a week or so to see whether Native Instruments does this 50-percent discount sale again . . .

Lots of FUN! :ugeek:

I know, it's just SO hard to wait :geek:

The much anticipated email arrived today (Thursday November 21, 2012) announcing that once again Native Instruments is having what looks to be its annual 5-day "Thanksgiving Special" discount sale, where Kontakt 5 is discounted by 50 percent, and the discounted price for Kontakt 5 is $199 (US), which is fabulous . . .

[NOTE: It is a physical package product, since there are a lot of DVDs for the sampled sound libraries, which is fine . . . ]

Kontakt 5 (Native Instruments)

Fabulous!

Depending on your budget, the Komplete 8 suites also are discounted, and they include Kontakt 5, but Kontakt 5 has a lot of stuff, and it is what I decided to get this time last year, and it has over 1,000 instruments and 43GB of samples . . .

Komplete 8 (Native Instruments)

Lots of FUN! :)
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Postby mrarnesen » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:19 pm

Surfwhammy wrote:
mrarnesen wrote:
Surfwhammy wrote:

However, last year (2011) Native Instruments had a 50-percent discount sale on Kontakt 5 for approximately 4 or 5 days beginning on Thanksgivlng in the US, so you might want to wait a week or so to see whether Native Instruments does this 50-percent discount sale again . . .

Lots of FUN! :ugeek:

I know, it's just SO hard to wait :geek:

The much anticipated email arrived today (Thursday November 21, 2012) announcing that once again Native Instruments is having what looks to be its annual 5-day "Thanksgiving Special" discount sale, where Kontakt 5 is discounted by 50 percent, and the discounted price for Kontakt 5 is $199 (US), which is fabulous . . .

[NOTE: It is a physical package product, since there are a lot of DVDs for the sampled sound libraries, which is fine . . . ]

Kontakt 5 (Native Instruments)

Fabulous!

Depending on your budget, the Komplete 8 suites also are discounted, and they include Kontakt 5, but Kontakt 5 has a lot of stuff, and it is what I decided to get this time last year, and it has over 1,000 instruments and 43GB of samples . . .

Komplete 8 (Native Instruments)

Lots of FUN! :)

I got the e-mail too as I've started suscribing. Unfortunately I couldn't wait with buying Kontakt and Requiem Light. So I bought a cross grade deal a few days ago. It wasn't that more expensive actually. I was just going crazy without it so I thought I could rather live a few days with just bread and milk instead of waiting :geek:
Logic Pro 9, Kontakt 5, Notion 4, Requiem Light, Mercury Symphonic Boychoir, Emotional Piano, Miroslav Philharmonik.
mrarnesen

Postby mrarnesen » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:23 pm

And with all the other sales too, its really hard to resist. Especially with Hollywood strings, as Im not happy with any of the strings I got. But with my budget now I think all I can afford is a little flute sample or something :oops:
mrarnesen

Postby Surfwhammy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:05 pm

mrarnesen wrote:I got the e-mail too as I've started suscribing. Unfortunately I couldn't wait with buying Kontakt and Requiem Light. So I bought a cross grade deal a few days ago. It wasn't that more expensive actually. I was just going crazy without it so I thought I could rather live a few days with just bread and milk instead of waiting :geek:

That's fine!

There was no guarantee that Native Instruments would repeat the 50-percent discount promotion this year, but it appeared likely, so I wanted to let you know about it, since I remembered our discussion . . .

I like discounts, but if I need something for a song and the price is reasonable and I can afford it at the time, then I go with the need rather than the desire, which is fabulous . . .

Fabulous! :)
The Surf Whammys

Surfwhammy

Postby Surfwhammy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:32 pm

wcreed51 wrote:EW is having a 50% off sale now, until the end of December

mrarnesen wrote:And with all the other sales too, its really hard to resist. Especially with Hollywood strings, as Im not happy with any of the strings I got. But with my budget now I think all I can afford is a little flute sample or something :oops:

I am intrigued by the 50 percent discount promotion that EWQL is having, and I like the violins and Flamenco guitars in the EWQL Gypsy sampled sound library, especially the solo gypsy violin in the demo song "Fuorigrotta", which is fabulous . . .

Gypsy (EWQL)

Fabulous! :)
The Surf Whammys

Surfwhammy

Postby Composed » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:06 pm

wcreed51 wrote:The EW choirs are the most flexible, but least Notion friendly at this point, as you need to insert a CC value to set the start point in the lyrics, so would have to create a custom rule set. With Kontakt, you can create a hidden staff to send Keyswitches. Only you can know what you're comfortable with.

I'm considering EW Choirs at http://www.soundsonline.com/Symphonic-Choirs and have been using Notion for several years. Even so, I have never had a reason to get into any kind of creation of rule sets. So I have no idea how that's done. Is it something that's pretty trivial to learn, or am I going to have to ascend a big learning curve. FYI, I am a reasonably technical person (I know a few programming languages), but turn to composing precisely to get away from all that. <g> Basically, I'm trying to get some kind of idea of what I'm in for before I dive in to try composing with choir voices.
Composed

Postby mrarnesen » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:15 pm

Composed wrote:
wcreed51 wrote:The EW choirs are the most flexible, but least Notion friendly at this point, as you need to insert a CC value to set the start point in the lyrics, so would have to create a custom rule set. With Kontakt, you can create a hidden staff to send Keyswitches. Only you can know what you're comfortable with.

I'm considering EW Choirs at http://www.soundsonline.com/Symphonic-Choirs and have been using Notion for several years. Even so, I have never had a reason to get into any kind of creation of rule sets. So I have no idea how that's done. Is it something that's pretty trivial to learn, or am I going to have to ascend a big learning curve. FYI, I am a reasonably technical person (I know a few programming languages), but turn to composing precisely to get away from all that. <g> Basically, I'm trying to get some kind of idea of what I'm in for before I dive in to try composing with choir voices.

I don't know much about rule sets, so I'm sorry I can't help with that. But I just thought I should mention that Soundiron and 8dio has some great choirs too, in case you didn't know about them. It's always good to have something to compare and to see what's best for you and your music.
mrarnesen

Previous

Return to NOTION