Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Output only on ch 1 for seq staves-clarification

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Output only on ch 1 for seq staves-clarification

Postby johnsantana » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:19 am

I thank everyone who looked at my previous message. Since there were NO answers, I expect I did not make the situation clear enough (wanting to keep the message short).

Using Win7 and Notion 3. I run Vienna Ensemble Pro service and set up a multi-timberal instrument, say with 4 instruments on MIDI ch 1 through 4. In Notion, regular note staves can point to the instrument and play the correct MIDI ch to make it work.

HOWEVER, if I set up a sequencer track, then change the instrument to the Vienna Ens Pro (just as I did for the note staves), the sequencer staff will play back, but always on Ch 1, no matter what channel I set when I use "Change Instrument" and set the desired channel (which works with the note staves).

What is interesting, is that I can record from my MIDI keyboard and the sequencer staff records both note and CC data, but on playback, it's always on Ch1, no matter what channel the staff is "pointing" to. It doesn't matter what channel I record from (I don't think--I've tried them all), and it shouldn't--you should always be able to direct any recorded MIDI data to any instrument using "Change Instrument."

I've tried everything I can think of, and all the work arounds I've come up with are poor solutions. Like having an instance of Ensemble Pro for every staff. That would work (I expect), but it would use huge resources and be a mess of instrument screens to try to keep straight.

The tutorial videos show output going to sequencer staves on different channels, so I do expect that there is something I'm missing. What could I be doing wrong, or maybe not doing at all? This seems fundamental to Notion--the ability to set up a multi-timberal sequencer staff.

I sure hope you can help me out. Thanks again,
JS
johnsantana

Return to NOTION