Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Copy and Paste

Discuss Tips, Tricks, & Shortcuts using NOTION Products

Copy and Paste

Postby IGHa0Tongfu » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:32 am

'm attempting to input a canon by copying and pasting. I'm trying to make part 2 a canon or part 1, 1 beat later; however, when I copy and paste, no matter where I put the cursor, it pastes at beat 1 of the measure. If I insert a rest on beat 1, then it pastes on beat 2 but puts all of the part 1, measure 1 notes into part 2, measure 1 (thus too many beats in the measure). Any ideas how to copy and paste in this manner?
IGHa0Tongfu

Re: Copy and Paste

Postby mandohack » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:03 pm

I, too, am having seeing this behavior. Did you ever get an answer (called support?)?

Thanks.

I'm trying to paste notes into a measure that has just the first two (different) notes already added, when pasting the notes from part of a different measure they get jumbled up by being placed at the first beat. Can't seem to find a way around it.
mandohack

Re: Copy and Paste (to different time positions)

Postby David Smith » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:21 am

Notion's entry mode is always left-justified to the bar. Sometimes this is what you want; sometimes it is not, as in your example. If you add the necessary Qtr Rest, the paste (which must always be the rightmost position) will put in all of the clipboard (in this case 4 beats worth of notes. It will not paste the fourth Q to the next measure; must be done manually.

q q q q | copy
r q q q q | add r, paste
r q q q | q cut last q, paste into next measure.
(yuch)

Side note: "Paste Before"
to effect a paste in front of existing note(s), you must paste after; then cut first notes, and paste them after. (three operations to swap the position. Attempting to paste with cursor before will replace all notes already in measure.
David Smith

Return to Tips & Tricks