Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Special guitar markings

Discuss Tips, Tricks, & Shortcuts using NOTION Products

Special guitar markings

Postby componix » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi,

following Novatlan's advice I'll try my luck here:

I am trying to create a guitar fingerpicking piece in the Notion demo (by the way I've ordered today :D ) where the thumb plays "palm muted" and the fingers "let ring" but I can't get it right. I did entry two independent voices but everything sounds muted or rings out. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks, Componix
componix

Re: Special guitar markings

Postby Unfinished » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:49 pm

I expect this is not possible. Perhaps for now you should use two different instruments to create the setup you want and post this as a feature request.
Unfinished

Postby musicman » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:14 am

I would think that is it possible if you can set the notes to two independant voices. I just purchased Notion 3 to create music lessons and I am a guitar player with guitar being my main instrument. I will have to check this out and see if it can be done. I actualy use a different program for my "guitar" related needs and will incorporate Notaion 3 into my studio "tool kit".
musicman

Postby Admin » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:52 am

musicman wrote:I would think that is it possible if you can set the notes to two independant voices. I just purchased Notion 3 to create music lessons and I am a guitar player with guitar being my main instrument. I will have to check this out and see if it can be done. I actualy use a different program for my "guitar" related needs and will incorporate Notaion 3 into my studio "tool kit".

You can write for up to 4 voices for guitar.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Tips & Tricks