Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Copying Chords and soloing staves

Discuss Tips, Tricks, & Shortcuts using NOTION Products

Copying Chords and soloing staves

Postby noelquinlan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:15 am

Does anyone know if you can copy/cut from one stave to another, moving the chord symbols only. Also copying just the notation without grabbing the chord symbols at the same time?

Also, is there any way to solo staves/instruments without going to the mixer page?

Cheers: Nolo
noelquinlan

Re: Copying Chords and soloing staves

Postby ChrisHeinen » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:19 am

I'm not sure about how to handle the chord symbol questions.

When I want to hear parts of a score (effectively solo a "part"), I double click and shift-click a section of the score and play the highlight. Not the best solution, because you are continually highlighting parts of the score whenever you need a "solo" of something, but, short of having the Mixer window open and available, I haven't come across anything easy to do, yet.

CH
ChrisHeinen

Re: Copying Chords and soloing staves

Postby ChrisHeinen » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:23 pm

In answer to the cut/copy questions here is what I noticed:

If I click and ctrl+click individual chord symbols (so that they turn orange to indicate they are selected) then right-click and select copy (or cut) I can then right-click in the target staff and select Paste from the pop-up menu and see the chord symbols appear.

Similarly, if I click and ctrl+click notes (so that they turn orange to indicate they are selected) then right-click and select copy (or cut) I can then right click in the targe staff and select Paste from the pop-up menu and see the notes appear.

If I select things using the "click and drag in a measure" approach so that the grey rectangle appears, I noticed that it assumes I want both the chord(s) and note(s), with no way to specifically grab just one or the other.

CH
ChrisHeinen

Return to Tips & Tricks