Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Shortcut

Discuss Tips, Tricks, & Shortcuts using NOTION Products

Shortcut

Postby Unfinished » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:43 am

It would be quite nice if there were a shortcut to be able to select a passage or note, press the shortcut and go straight to the transposition options or even two shortcuts: one to transpose up an octave and one to transpose down an octave.
Unfinished

Re: Shortcut

Postby AhHeck » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:27 pm

I do agree: in NOTION, after highlighting or click-selecting the notes involved, it can take as much as five clicks if I want to transpose down an octave: (right-click [CTRL+click] to open the shortcut menu, click Transpose, click at Down, click "1" at Octave, and click the OK button). However, since a user can go up or down an octave in three clicks in PROGRESSION, I'm hopeful we'll be able to trim the number of clicks in NOTION at some point in the future.
AhHeck

Postby Unfinished » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:28 pm

Another point about that is that it would be much easier to press the down button on the option of how many octaves you want to transpose by and have it go 1 higher in value and switch the Transpose: up to become down. Rather than cycling round the list of transposing 0, 1, 2, or 3 octaves, it should go from transpose: down 3 octaves (where if you press the down button it does nothing) up to transpose: down 1 octave (press 1 up) transpose: up 0 octaves (press 1 up) transpose: up 1 octave similarly up to transpose: up 3 octaves and no higher.
I don't think I've done a very good job explaining it so I'll have 1 last try-
This list follows what should happen each time you press the down button on the octave option on transpose by _ octaves tool starting at up: 3.

(press one up = no change)
Transpose up: 3 octaves
(press one down)
Transpose up: 2 octaves
(press one down)
Transpose up: 1 octave
(press one down)
Transpose down: 1 octave
(press one down)
Transpose down: 2 octaves
(press one down)
Transpose down: 3 octaves
(press one down = no change)
Last edited by Unfinished on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unfinished

Postby rollinglenn » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:22 am

Here is a shortcut I would love to see: A one- or two-key click to Toggle(switch) between voices followed by a press of the down arrow.

This could work for selected passages of notes - to change the voice assignment. This could require manually mouse-clicking of the desired notes to be included into a particular voice.

This would save having to go to the menu bar, clicking on the desired voice and then selecting the note value.

I write a good bit multiple voices for choral music - this would be very helpful.

Anybody else think this would be helpful?
rollinglenn

Re: Shortcut & voice toggling - divisi

Postby rollinglenn » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:36 am

I too would like to see a "voice switch" to toggle you through voices. Of course voice color change would indicate which voice part you have chosen.

When writing for orchestral parts, I like to group similar lines together, sometimes I will change a Violin I line to Violin II and then add a new violin I above it. In this case the colors should change.

The hardest part to this is that there is no way I know of inserting a voice part into a measure without replacing what was previously written to a different voice in a particular measure.

I also could use this function for vocal scores with parts using "Divisi" of parts.

Will anyone support this functionality?
rollinglenn

Re: Shortcut for transposing notes

Postby David Smith » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:16 am

Unfinished wrote:It would be quite nice if there were ... shortcuts: one to transpose up an octave and one to transpose down an octave.

If I'm understand your request, then it exists; my most used shortcut: someone else told me on this board
mac
cmd-sh-upArrow up octave
cmd-sh-dnArrow dn octave
sh-upArrow up 1/2 step (chromatic)
sh-dnArrow dn 1/2 step
upArrow up step (diatonic)
dnArrow dn step
David Smith

Postby Kingsley » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:41 am

What are these shortcuts used for??
And who told you these shortcuts????
Kingsley

Postby kvapka » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:16 am

transpose shortcuts:
Arrow up / down - only staff lines
Shift + Arrow up / down - half tones
Ctrl + Shift + Arrow up / down - octaves
kvapka

Postby Sandoval » Fri May 18, 2012 7:03 am

kvapka wrote:transpose shortcuts:
Arrow up / down - only staff lines
Shift + Arrow up / down - half tones
Ctrl + Shift + Arrow up / down - octaves

Thank you for the tips!
Transposing shortcuts turns out rather useful to me.
Sandoval

Postby SkylerShaye » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:32 pm

I think these shortcuts are work for the Notion music software. Am I right?
I haven't use these shortcut.
SkylerShaye

Next

Return to Tips & Tricks