Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Sync with Video with MediaVST

Discuss Tips, Tricks, & Shortcuts using NOTION Products

Sync with Video with MediaVST

Postby elerouxx » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:34 pm

This has been commented in other thread but I wanted to bring it to its own discussion in case someone is interested.

For soundtrack composing, the effective way I found to sync a video to Notion's score was by using a plugin named mediavst.dll

Downloaded from this link:

http://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/beta/pvst_v1.1.10b6.zip

The VST is a vsti 'instrument' you add at its own staff, and the staff vsti interface is a simple window that can load a WMV, AVI or other video formats (doesn't work with MOV).

The audio from the video play can be enabled or muted, but it doesn't play very well. However, the work around is to export the video's audiotrack as WAV (44.100 Hz) and use the 'Attach Audio File" in Notion, adding the file to the beginning of the score, on any instrument staff OR in its own 'basic staff', so it can be muted or otherwise effected/mixed in notion's mixer.

I am working in my first soundtrack, 4 minutes long. I have tested perfect sync all the time along the score. (Using no ritornellos).
elerouxx

Re: Sync with Video with MediaVST

Postby ChaseNellie » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:32 am

Thank you for the contribution!
Most helpful to me. I followed the link you provided and downloaded the plugin and it works perfectly for me now.
I'm always having troubles with synchronizing the sound in a video, especially when I try to add several tracks in one.
ChaseNellie

Re: Sync with Video with MediaVST

Postby elerouxx » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:42 pm

Glad you found it useful! It works pretty well for me. I'll just try it with N4 now.
elerouxx

Return to Tips & Tricks